Sunday, May 8, 2022

Office Lunch & Dinner

This was my lunch on one of my 'work-in-office day'. McD was having the seasonal Ramadan item on its menu - the beef/chicken foldover.
I ordered the beef foldover but was given a chicken oneπŸ˜•
but then when i opened the wrapper and flip open the pita bread, i saw that it was beef patty...OK la, so no mistake, only the wrapper label is not right.
This year, the foldover tastes different compared to the previous years - garlic sauce is used...instead of their 'special unidentifiable sauce' which left me baffled.
The garlic sauce was too little till i couldn't taste anything, so i need ketchup & chili sauce to substitute the taste. 
In the evening, i went to the Ramadan bazaar in Serdang with my colleague and bought various foods such as murtabak, nasi tomato (with acar, beef kurma and ayam masak merah), some kuihs etc.
The bazaar was guarded by auxiliary polices at both end to ensure everyone adhered to the SOP & social distancing. Back then (in April), kids were not allowed (nor encouraged) to enter the bazaar. 
This was my first time of going to Ramadan bazaar since 2019. Almost 2.5 years ago.
And the atmosphere wasn't that merry compared to pre-pandemic times. The capacity and the number of stalls have been reduced significantly as the entire middle row of stalls was removed, probably due to social distancing purpose.
the below is pulut panggang (grilled glutionous rice with grated coconut & belacan filling)....one of my fav teatime snack. This costs 80cents each.
~~~~~
On another 'work-in-office' day, I went to tapao from the nearby Malay nasi campur stall. Due to the fasting month, only 2 stalls were open, but nevertheless i managed to buy some of my fav dishes.
Here's my typical office lunch - rice with kangkung belacan, deep fried calamari, begedil (deep fried potato patty), and anchovies.
this lunch costs me only RM5.50πŸ˜€
Meanwhile, since it was still the fasting month, me & colleague went to the same bazaar again to get our dinner...
There goes my dinner....2 pieces of beef murtabak and pepes ayam.
She also gave me some cockles (in sambal) from her nasi lemak.
The murtabak was....meh.....not up to my standard....coz not much minced beef.
Pepes ayam on the other hand was impressive. It tastes like otak otak but instead of fish, the ingredient is of course....ayam (chicken). The leaves wrapper was slightly burnt, hence i have to scrap off the burnt part.
Murtabak costs RM5 each and pepes ayam costs RM1.50.
That's it for my 'Ramadan bazaar adventure' for this year....will be back again on next year, hopefully!

3 comments:

Rose world said...

Didn't go to any Ramadhan bazaar this year. As matter of fact, it has been 3 years that I didn't go to the bazaar. Hope can visit one next year.

mun said...

Super like your chap fan with the Bergedil.

Nancy Chan said...

I haven't gone to the Ramadhan Bazaar for a few years, even before the pandemic. I miss the murtabak. Haven't eaten for many, many years. Yet to find a good murtabak.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...