Monday, August 10, 2020

Hearty Dim Sum Meal @ Dolly Dim Sum, IOI City Mall

It's time for our quarterly team lunch again!
This time each person was given a budget of RM90 (out of our RM300 yearly allocation per staff).
 Our boss decided to have dimsum for lunch. We booked a table for 8 prior to our team lunch day. Due to social distancing SOP, we were split to 2 moderate size tables where each table only can accomodate 4 persons.
Each of us ordered separately though some preferred to share so that they can try out more variety.
Here's what I had:
Belacan Crab Fried Rice (RM24.50)
 Salad Prawn Dumpling (RM9.70)
 Thai Style Prawn Parcel (RM9.80)
 Crystal Prawn Dumpling (RM9.50)
 Har Gao (RM10.20)
Siu Mai (RM9.50)
and a pot of Jasmine tea (RM3.70)
I had these dim sum with fried rice and tea by myself!
Yes, all of us seem to over-ordered coz we want to try out everything and max out our spending...lolx!
At some point we exchanged dim sum with each other, hence I got to taste my colleague's orders too.
 An overview of my orders and my colleague's order...
 My colleagues ordered the following:
Golden fish cracker (RM8.50)
 Loh mai gai (RM8.90)
 Szechuan Dumpling (RM11.20)
 Chewy Meat Croquette (RM8.20)
 Fried Chicken Wing (RM12.60)
  Panfried Radish Cake (RM8.90)
Scallop Cheung Fun (RM15.90)
 We were so full of these till cannot breathe...LOLX!
Pricewise, the dimsum is on a higher side than our usual ones...but this is the only place (available around our office) to get the halal dimsum.
Tastewise OK-lah, but those that are originally pork-type-dimsum such as siu mai should be better with pork...coz the chicken version lacking flavour.
 BON APPETIT!

5 comments:

Libby said...

Ya i prefer with pork too...wow that is really a lot, no wonder you all are full to the brim.

mun said...

All look so tasty. I am more than happy to eat these because I don't like porky taste. Rm90 is more than enough for 1 pax dim sum. Your company is so generous!

PH said...

What a sumptuous makan! The Golden Prawn Crackers from far look like mooncake.

Rose world said...

I miss dim sum!! Used to have it monthly but since MCO, we did not go for it.

Nancy Chan said...

I like all the dim sum you and colleagues ordered because I like to try varieties too. I too prefer with pork but when eating with colleagues we have to opt for the halal restaurants, so that we can all have a good time together.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...