Friday, August 21, 2020

Durian cake, anyone?

Saw this durian cake in the display fridge at Secret Recipe, Mid Valley mall. This is only a dummy cake, but it is placed together with the real cakes in the fridge. The durian 'aroma' is too strong and could affect the other cakes, hence a dummy is made for display purpose.
The description label shows:
Layers of premium vanilla sponge and pure D24 durian filling.
Dine In: RM12.90
Take Away: RM11.80
Whole: RM130.00
 It has been some years since my last SC durian cake. Can't even remember how it taste like....
Feels like buying it but ended up not coz I was on my way to some places and prefer not to bring the cake along in the car.
Other cakes available...
 All look good and fresh...alrite save it for next time!
 Meanwhile in the mall...
i wonder if these are the decoration for this year National Day?

7 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

They even make the durian cake with thorns. Durian cake is nice but I prefer to eat fresh durians.

mun said...

So far most of the time in Midvalley I only spent in lower ground Supermarkets and didn't Jalan Jalan the other shops. Hhmmm, the cake is sponge and durian, no cheese. I eaten it once at a little kid's birthday party. Hope you get to buy it one day.

Nux V said...

Nancy Chan: I prefer fresh durians and durian cake/tarts with durian flesh.

Mun: hopefully I could taste it before the season is over. From my understanding durian cake is a seasonal item.

PH said...

I have tried this type of durian cake and I actually liked it a lot. Maybe I can try a slice from Secret Recipe.

Nux V said...

PH: looking forward to your review on that ;-)

Danny Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Libby said...

What decoration is that in the last photo?

D'Nats Sri Petaling

D'Nats First time trying D'Nats despite this stall has been around for quite some time. It is an established Malay warung that sells...