Monday, August 20, 2018

Phase Out: Menya Shi-Shi Do @ Sri Petaling

In this 'Phase Out' series, I will be posting some of those F&B which I have visited, and thought that it served rather 'good food' but the outlet did not last long. One of it is this ramen place called 'Menya Shi-shi Do' 
The menu may not be extensive, basically it offers about 5-6 variety of ramen flavour and the toppings/ingredients can be gradually added with extra price.
When it was firstly opened, this place was super crowded that patrons would have to stand outside to wait for a seat...
I went there 2-3 months later and on a weekday, hence there wasn't any crowd at all. I had a set meal which consist of the ramen + gyoza + green tea.
The ramen was cooked to perfection, springy noodles, flavorful pork broth, tender chashiu and not overly/under cooked egg...It was one of the best ramen I ever had (in my entire life)...
gyoza were just so-so, but it doesn't matter as this is not their core item....
I thought of giving another visit again a few months later, but that place has been replaced with some other eatery...

11 comments:

mun said...

I think not enough target customers to sustain specialty eateries like this. I myself prefer to eat at eateries in shopping malls and in this area I will go for A&W fast food so I hope it does not go away.

Nux V said...

Mun: the A&W fast food in Sri Petaling (which I blogged a few months ago) has already close shop...

PH said...

So sad. There was a Tokyo Ramen at Atria mall which I love the ramen but that also closed down. I thought the ramen was very good but they did not get enough customers to keep then in business.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves dumpling...

Nux V said...

Phong Hong: sad really....

Somewhere in Singapore: me too....

Libby said...

Is it not enough traffic to maintain the business? As Malaysia is quite a big country and the population is widely dispersed and spread out.

Small Kucing said...

Dont know why, now many restaurants in Sri Petaling and Puchong is like mushrooms. One day you see it one day you dont. Cost too high?

mun said...

oh no! *gasp* so sad!

Rose world said...

Kind of sad and curious when the place that you enjoyed going and dining ended up closing or moving away. But then again, so many eateries opening up. Like mushrooms.

Love your ramen. Love the thick broth.

Nux V said...

Libby: yea, competition is high as too many food outlet mushrooming and people tend to try just once and move on to another.

Small Kucing: high cost, unable to keep up with the competition, and hard to get parking contributes to that I guess...

Rose World: yea, rite now there are already 3-4 major Japanese F&B in my area, so basically the small ones are affected.

Unknown said...

Tableau2018 Our sessions offer something for everybody in an assortment of learning styles. To find specifics, or peruse our determination for titles of intrigue, utilize the channels on the left to limit your query items.
Tableau2018 We're committed to planning a gathering that is the best understanding for you—reveal to us which sessions sound energizing by giving them a "Like" (tap on the thumbs up symbol). We'll utilize your information to settle on choices about arrangement and rehashes of sessions. Substance will be refreshed and included frequently, so inquire regularly.
https://www.tableau2018.com/

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...