Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Voila Hotel - Dinner, Day 6 & 7

Woke up quite early on a beautiful Friday morning, as the day gets bright very early here...
since it was early and i was hungry, headed downstair for breakfast...a SUMPTUOUS one!
by now, I have formed a list on what to pick - my fav hashbrown, sausages, croissant, samosa and baked beans...and either broccoli juice or orange juice or both!
Went back to the room after a heavy breakfast, freshen up myself and off to work. The HOD boss will usually pick us up at 8am (or earlier), but as for that day he was unusually late and somehow his car was involved in an accident (the day before) and he drove a smaller car which was rented from the workshop.
Lunch was at the office cafeteria which consist of grilled chicken breast, potatoes, salad and free-flow baguette.
And if u noticed, there is also fruits in the container at the top left of this picture...the dessert!
Most of my meal came with dessert of either fruits, custard, or cake. Sometimes I forgot to 'claim' my dessert after the meal and the person manning the counter was so nice to keep it and hand it to my HOD boss. And then the HOD boss will jokingly teased us for being forgetful.
Meanwhile, Friday dinner in the hotel was Milanese chicken again...*repetitive of Day 3 (so, no need to put picture lah)
As for Day 7, it was a Saturday! wooo-hoooo!!!
me and colleague took the opportunity to see the island coz I haven't got the chance to visit around since arriving in this beautiful land of Mauritius, whereas for her she has been here like 4-5 times already....
The tour guide took us to a restaurant somewhere in southern part of the island...
Lunch: Indian vegetarian which consists of curry, chao-chao, samosas, roti, salads and basmati rice...
It was good!
After the half day tour, we were back at the hotel for dinner coz we dun want to waste our $$$ eating outside when the hotel dinner is paid by the Client
well, hotel dinner is sometimes disappointing...just look at my burnt chicken....it was supposed to be grilled chicken steak but kinda overcooked....I scrapped off the burnt skin before eating.
The dinner wasn't enuff to sustain till midnite, by 11pm I got hungry again....so....what's for supper???
yesssss...the FORGOTTEN lunch desserts that was accumulated over the week!
I hav kept them in the fridge for 3-4 days, luckily they were still edible...

7 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I like this kind of breakfast...

Twilight Man said...

All the accountants are so calculative and thrifty when it comes to money. You did the right thing to eat dinner at the hotel since it was paid for by the client.

I like the Indian steel trays for rice and dishes. They also look like Japanese Bento sets lah. LOL

mun said...

wah you drank broccoli juice! I have not tried before. does it taste very raw green?

PH said...

I like your breakfast and I can see that you can eat quite a lot like me hah..hah... Wah so nice that you had a stash of desserts in the fridge for "emergency". LOL!

Libby said...

Wonder if the broccoli juice taste bitter?

I love Indian food, other than Jap and Thai food.

Korean and Taiwanese food, only selective I like, such as Kimchi and BBQ Pork for Korean and Salted Chicken for Taiwanese.

Libby said...

Looks like I am more exposed to Asian Food rather than French, Italian or Mediterranean etc

Nux V said...

Somewhere in Singapore: yea coz got a variety. Would be nice if got hot porridge too, haha!

Twilight Man: me no accountant....

Mun: yes, it tastes raw green

Phong Hong: yea, need to have backup...in case hungry

Libby: the juice is not bitter, just raw and they added a lil sugar in it, so it is slightly sweet.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...