Monday, June 17, 2024

Niko Niko Onigiri @ Sri Petaling

This restaurant is located next to Kawan Place, but not so noticeable as the entrance is covered and there is a counter selling onigiri occupies most space at the entrance. One might have thought that it is just some light snacks kiosk and doesn't have dine-in tables inside.
The dining section is located far inside the shop after walking past the onigiri counter.
There are around 8-9 tables which could occupy up to 30 customers. I only got to know about this restaurant after watching reviews on social media, otherwise i would have just thought that it is just another kiosk selling onigiri.
But this is more than just an onigiri shop. It has a variety of Japanese food on its menu. The set meal looks good and at reasonable price. 
I ordered a chicken katsu curry rice that came with potato salad and miso soup. Quite generous portion and the chicken katsu is huge!
There are a few pieces of bonelesss chicken cubes in the curry too. So, there's quite alot of meat!
This sumptuous meal costs only RM17.90nett. Way cheaper than eating at Yoshinoya with similar portion.
I accidently ordered an extra set, so I asked for tapao the extra set. RM1 extra charge for takeaway containers.
Will be back to try out the other items in the menu, such as teriyaki chicken, unagi don, tea rice etc.

4 comments:

PH said...

Very worth it and even better you accidentally order extra set hee..hee... I have only eaten the Family Mart onigiri which I find is just OK.

Lotus said...

You just reminded me that I had not eaten at Yoshinoya for a long time. Used to frequent it so often during my younger years. Yes, you are right, Yoshinoya is expensive with its small portion. I used to order their fried salmon rice whenever I visited them.

Who ate the extra set which you dabao?

mun said...

Oh, I wonder how you accidentally order an extra set. I have seen this eatery but didn't know it has set meals.

Nux V said...

PH: I have so far tried onigiri from AEON, CU, Family Mart and 7-Eleven. All are just OK. I have yet to try this shop's onigiri.

Lotus: The extra set I put into the fridge for next day ;-)

Mun: The system cleared cache and i did not manage to trace back my order from history. I thought my order did not get thru hence re-do the online order.

Half Island Barbados Tour

Barbados is a Commonwealth country with predominantly English speaking population consists of black, multi racial mix, white and Indian. Des...