Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles & Thai Siam, Sri Petaling

First time trying Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk noodles. It has lunch promo around RM12.90 ++ (if i remembered correctly) for a set of noodles and pork broth with porkballs & pork slices.
It came out like this....
When served, the staff asked if i want some pork lard, then he brought a small bowl and scooped some crispy pork lard onto the noodles. The noodles were too dark (overdo with dark soy sauce), and it was slightly sweet (they put sugar into it?). 
Pork broth was OK. They have broth with innards but i don't eat innards so i opted for pork slices and porkballs. Soup is refillable, but i prefer not to drink too much coz i detected MSG in it. I felt thirsty after that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, continuing my adventure to try out all the F&B outlets in Pinnacle SP mall, this would be the last few that I'm gonna try - Thai Siam restaurant.
Don't know what's their specialty, so I decided to go for a safe option - tomyum fried rice!
Slightly spicy, the fried rice has some prawns and squid, but other than that it was just ordinary, nothing to shout about.
the bill came to RM17.40 after service charges.

4 comments:

Lotus said...

The bowl of noodles looked humongous or was it because of the angle the photo was took? And they looked soggy with too much dark soy sauce.

High five! We both don't eat innards and animal parts.

It's a pity that both tries were disappointing and just so so. Maybe you could give them a second chance and try other items in their menu.

mun said...

I am not sure why my spouse doesn't want to go back to this eatery to eat the pork noodles as pork noodles dish is one of his favourite food. I asked him and he says he forgot, hahahaha 🤣 now he prefers to go eat at omega which is in the same row of shops.

mun said...

I am not so adventurous as you to try all the eateries in pinnacle sp. Now I mostly go to nam Heong or occasionally house of pok. Thanks for the review of this Tom yum fried rice.

PH said...

The Ding Xiang Nyuk noodles at Damansara Uptown does not make me thirsty. I have tried the black sauce noodles and I remember it was quite good.

Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles & Thai Siam, Sri Petaling

First time trying Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk noodles. It has lunch promo around RM12.90 ++ (if i remembered correctly) for a set of noodles and po...