Tuesday, September 8, 2026

101 Heritage - chicken chop

101 Heritage
Went to 101 Heritage again, this time with my parents.
We tried the western food - chicken chops!
Chicken chop parmigiana asparagus, which is grilled chicken chop topped with melted mozzarella and cheddar, served with asparagus, broccoli and fries.
Chicken chop pomegranate, which is grilled chicken chop with pomegranate sauce, served with mashed potato and salad. The pomegranate sauce is slightly sour like jam.
We shared everything above, but I skipped the char kuey teow which I had before.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fluffed
Fluffed gave me a 10% discount voucher to be utilized by 8 Sept. So, I went back there to have my usual fish & chip waffle.
yummmzzzz......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book Corner
A new book corner being set up at the neighborhood Pinnacle mall, next to Mr.DIY.
I wonder who will come here to read. It looks cosy though.
The flowers are colorful and lovely although they are fake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BrewMaster
Had ayam gepuk boneless at BrewMaster again. The chicken chop is so huge, bigger than my palm...I was super full after finishing this. A couple seated nearby couldn't finish theirs and they did not tapao the remaining. So wasted!
RM27.60 nett. Tasty and filling but fattening. I should refrain from eating this too often.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bygone era
My uncle in SG recently digitized the family photos which he took back with him while clearing my late grandma's flat decades ago. Most of us including my cousins have not seen these old family pictures before as the hardcopies are kept in his SG flat. Now that it is digitized and shared in the family chat group, everyone has a copy😄
I think this is somewhere around 1959. Most of them are no longer around.

3 comments:

mun said...

Did your parents like the food at heritage 101 ?
Now u have given me two kpi. To try the fish and chips and that ayam gepuk. See whether I can do both before this year is over.
Thank you for the reviews 😊

PH said...

The ayam gepuk looks very good lah! I wish that I could try it. Definitely looks like a very generous portion. I can eat all. LOL! My late grandma also has a lot of old photos. Some my brother digitized. I must go korek and look at them. Very nostalgic.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I love your old family portrait, Nux! It is beautiful! What a joy to have these old photos! Thank you so much for sharing it. Beautiful family!
The meals in your photos look and sound very tasty. The chicken chop sounds like something I would love!
The book corner does look cozy and calming!
I do love fish and chips but am not a fan of waffles. This is the first time I have heard of fish and chip waffle. I am so glad you enjoyed it!

Family Dinner at Yang Ming

Family dinner again with parents, sis and BIL. We had our usual dishes - steamed tilapia in soy sauce Taiwanese 3-cup claypot chicken Stir-f...