Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Muginae Ramen, KL

Went to try this Tokyo's Michelin ramen restaurant located nearby Lalaport.
The interior - Limited table seatings, mostly counter seats.
The Japanese chefs in action.
Some condiments - chili powder and vinegar (i think)
I had shoyu ramen. It came with a soft-boiled egg, one piece wanton, 2 slices of beef and 2 slices of pork charsiu. All lean meat, with very little fats.
Al-dente ramen noodle. Eat while still warm. Otherwise, will get soggy if left too long in the broth.
RM44 for this bowl of shoyu ramen. Definitely not cheap, but I think nowadays ramen is around that price range. Tastewise quite nice and pleasant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Passed by the Kuala Lumpur Contingent Police Headquarter while on the way to the place. The ramen restaurant is located in one of those tiny shoplots.
These are the remaining stretch of old prewar buildings. Mostly have become cafe/pub/restaurants.
There's a culinary school too.
and a cafe named '100 years house'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After then, I walked to Chinatown, passing by the Merdeka 118 mall which is scheduled to open in November.
In the background is the 2nd tallest tower in the world.
some old pre-war shops along the way.....
Petaling Street got a new roof.
Refurbished building 'Chinatown 1974' opening in September. While taking this picture, the project manager (who's in charge of this facade design) happened to be there, busy instructing the contactors for final touch-up and fixing.
Then suddenly he turned to me and asked 'OK ar this design?'
Me: gave a👍
I don't know what to comment, coz I did not pay for this renovation nor design.
Right opposite this building is the 'Peranakan Place' restaurant. As I was thirsty after the long walk, I decided to have some cooling dessert here.
Martin Yan recommended restaurant? 
Meanwhile on the tv screen, it features Chinese actress Fan BingBing in nyonya kebaya.
Cendol (RM8 nett)....so refreshing and cooling....
The blue squarish thing is 'pulut tai tai' (blue glutinous rice cake), to be eaten with kaya jam (packed in the sachet). I got it FOC after submitted an online review. Years ago, I used to patronized Peranakan Place in IOI City mall but it has now closed down.
Nearby alley, there is another kopitiam. The view is astounding.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back in the neighborhood, the Pinnacle mall's 7-11 has opened. I had another cooling Slurpee at 30% discount😀

No comments:

Muginae Ramen, KL

Went to try this Tokyo's Michelin ramen restaurant located nearby Lalaport. The interior - Limited table seatings, mostly counter seats....