Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Al Diafah @ Sri Petaling

It has been some time since I last had middle eastern food. Last time, me & colleagues would drive to Precinct Diplomatik (Putrajaya) to have lunch in 'Mr Kebab & Briyani' restaurant. We had that almost quarterly, and I look forward to that.
Instead of going all the way to south, there's also a restaurant serving similar cuisine right in my neighborhood. 
Despite, my last visit to this restaurant was more than a decade ago. That time i was with company visitors from Egypt/Turkey as it was a corporate lunch.
Back then, this restaurant occupied both the ground floor and upper floor. The ground floor sells imported dates and all sorts of baklava.
Nowadays, they still sell dates & baklava but in a smaller scale and it only occupy the upper floor now.
I spotted this genie lamp nearby the counter....
and its 'partner' lamp. Very aesthetic!
Mirror mirror on the wall with nice detailed carved frame. A 'khat writing' can be seen from the reflection.
Some posters...I enjoyed looking at these pictures coz they look like some candid moment captured in paintings.
Now, the interior.....
This place is so exquisitely decorated, it feels like dining in a middle-eastern palace!
Looking at the wall decorative, ceiling lamps and furniture, i believe these costs a bomb!
It feel so 'atas' with such lavish decorations. But not-to-worry, the food price is not that 'atas' (depends on what you order).
I ordered a hummus which 'unexpectedly' came with 3 pieces of naan bread. I thought the hummus is ala-carte (without the bread) coz the restaurant in Putrajaya does not serve with bread😅
Anyway, 3 pieces of bread is definitely too much carbs for me coz i had ordered rice too. So, gotta tapao the bread.
My 'target' is to try their hummus.
The hummus was nicely presented, don't you think so?
It looks like some sort of table decoration than edible food😂
[Below] Mendy rice with chicken leg.
Tender meat and easy to chew. Rice is fluffy and light, like basmati. Both are up to standard. I would order this again next time.
My 'over-ordered' food (coz i didn't expect the bread to be served along hummus)
This extravagant meal costs only RM33.65nett in an 'atas' restaurant with quiet and peaceful ambience😀
And yes, I went there on a Christmas evening.
[Below] KL skyline after an evening downpour.

3 comments:

mun said...

Is this eatery still around? It seems closed when I passed by it recently in the morning.

Rose world said...

Oooh. The lamp. My genie after rubbing it?? Lol.

The food wasn't that expensive for such a classy looking restaurant.

Nux V said...

Mun: I recently went there during the fasting month evening 8pm++, it was crowded and I have to change my plan to dine elsewhere. I think it is still open since business is so good, perhaps they have adjusted their operation hours from noon till late night, hence they are closed in the morning.

Rose world: yea, quite classy looking. Nice place for family dining coz they have tables cater for large group. I wish there is a genie who can grant me thousand wishes! hahaha!

SkyAvenue Complex

This is an overdue post. [Below] Hari Raya decorations in SkyAvenue mall/complex. Decorative ketupats and wau bulan (Malay kites) hanging fr...