Monday, April 10, 2023

Portuguese Egg Tart - Baker's Cottage

Recently, the office was having a makan-makan again due to hosting visitors from various parts of Europe. The theme was local Malaysian food, hence there were satay served. The event committee ordered 1000 sticks to cater for around 100 pax who attended the makan-makan event.
We requested for Japanese cucumber instead of the usual ones. These satays were freshly grilled on the spot as they set up the makeshift griller just outside our office pantry.
~~~~~~~~~~
On another day, i tried Baker's Cottage Portuguese egg tart coz it looks so tempting with a box of 4 pcs at only RM11, which came to RM2.75 each. Usually Portuguese egg tart costs more than the normal egg tart (roughly above RM3 each) if buy at usual bakeries.
I like its flaky crust, with slight buttery taste and texture like croissant.
The nice packaging box, perfect as a gift.
~~~~~~~~~~
During Potboy Mart special discount day (on 22nd of every month), i bought some junkie snacks at 50% off.
I should have bought more Ruffles chips as it costs only RM7.50 per pack!
Well, all these junks cost only RM26.80 nett.

5 comments:

mun said...

Ah, Portuguese egg tarts, he doesn't dare eat then due to the butter taste so if I buy them I will have to eat them all. Ah, waiting for 22 this month to go potboy mart to sapu snacks. Thanks again for the info which u told me in the comments before. Ah so nice to work in your office, always have nice makan makan. Yummy! 😋

Rose world said...

I like Portuguese egg tart, even better with burnt side. Hehe. Wow. So nice, chicken satay!! But my kids prefer red meat, like beef and lamb. Geez.

PH said...

One day when I eat at The Red Kettle, I must try their Portuguese egg tarts. I used to love those Doritos BBQ flavored chips. I can finish one big bag even after dinner >.<

Stacy said...

What... didn't know there are other discounts at Potboy. I've given up on the ice-cream one on 11th - the freezer was empty during my last 2 visits and nobody had any idea what time the lorry would arrive to restock.

Twilight Man said...

What a brilliant idea to request for Japanese cucumber as they tastes better.
Baker's Cottage sells the cheapest cakes, moon cakes and Portuguese tarts! Taste wise very good for their prices.

Ginza Sushi @ Sri Petaling

The 'Weekday Lunch Set' looks affordable and reasonable. Quite an extensive choice with rice bowl, noodles and rice roll.  I ordered...