Thursday, April 20, 2023

Omega Pork Noodles again...

My last visit to Omega Pork Noodles was a few months back when the outlet was still under renovation to expand with another shoplot.
Now that the shop is bigger (occupying 2 lots), it has capacity to fit in more diners, and lesser waiting time for those patrons who are queuing outside.
I went there during non-peak hour, hence plenty of seats. This time i tried their Nanyang White Curry Mee.
It came out like this....the soup is so whitish!
I mixed the soup with that spoonful of sambal and gave it a good stir...
and voila!
After the mixing, it looks like any ordinary curry mee with fish balls, fuzuk, taufu pok, long beans, bean sprouts and prawns.
Tastewise...so-so only. Just like the ordinary curry mee, but there is strong coconut milk taste which i dislike. The long beans taste strange too.
Despite that, prawns and fishballs are fresh and bouncy.
Portion-wise is big for an 'S' size bowl. For small eaters, you can share the portion as empty bowls are provided at the sauces counter.
Overall, I think this curry mee doesn't suite my tastebud😐
The noodle costs RM15.35nett (inclusive of tax & service charge)
Next time, I shall just stick to their main item (pork noodles).

3 comments:

mun said...

White curry originating from Penang is different from the normal curry that kl people are used to. Have you eaten white curry in Penang?

Rose world said...

My man bought a pack of white curry instant noodle. I tried once. Very spicy!!!

PH said...

What a pity the curry mee did not taste good. The best is to stick to their specialty, the pork noodles. I tried their pork noodles via Grabfood and I liked it a lot.

Ginza Sushi @ Sri Petaling

The 'Weekday Lunch Set' looks affordable and reasonable. Quite an extensive choice with rice bowl, noodles and rice roll.  I ordered...