Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Sate Kajang Haji Rono @ Medan Sate, Kajang

My lunch partner invited me to have dinner with her on one fine evening. We departed after work around 7pm and reached there in half an hour. Parking was easy during the weekday. We parked just right outside the Medan Sate which is located opposite Metro Kajang mall.
The menu is displayed at the ordering/payment counter.
Ordered 20 sticks of chicken satays altogether. Freshly grilled upon order, it was served piping hot.
The satays here are better than the well known Haji Samuri. This one is quite popular too, but only among the locals.
Ample seats available coz this place is a food court, but sadly only 2 satay stalls remain in operation...the rest had shutdown.
~~~~~~~
Throwback: Below Shanghainese mooncakes were bought by annoyin' sis from her colleague...It was homemade but the price is almost same as the established brand.
Smaller size too...Only 2 in a box. Tastewise so-so only, but since i wasn't paying, i shall not complaint much.
~~~~~~~
Nasi lemak with fried chicken bought from NSK Kuchai Lama at RM7 per box.
Quite 'value for money' due to the size of the chicken drumstick. The sambal was cooked with anchovies and it was dry-type...hence not much sambal 'sauce' to mix with rice. Sambal was not spicy at all, but flavorful to go with rice.
~~~~~~~
My 2 new 'friends' from the office.....the black & white cats....They are strays with nice fluffy and clean furs. The officemates & next door office staffs took good care of them, by feeding them with food/kibbles every now and then.
I found them lingering in front of the office one evening and feed them some kibbles (*taken from a container in the office). Both of them finished them in no time...Poor kitty, u must be hungry!
The white cat has hoarse voice and less friendly. The black cat is friendlier and always sit by the office entrance and 'greets' me when i exit the office. I 'speak' to the black cat more, especially after work. Both of them mostly appear in the evening.
Unfortunately there is a big bully cat territory-ing nearby, which these 2 cats are quite afraid of. After being chased out by the bully, i no longer seen them lingering around the office entrance anymore.

5 comments:

mun said...

So sad about the cats. The satay looks so tasty! I think almost one year I didn't eat any satay.

Rose world said...

Been to Kajang for its famous Satay Kajang when I was student studied in Nilai. Many many years ago.

Oh my, what a big drumstick. Really worth the money.

Stacy said...

Ya I also expect homemade mooncakes to be cheaper than branded ones.

Stray cats normally look fine (unlike stray dogs) since cats can keep themselves clean.

Nancy Chan said...

Yummy satay. Trust the local to know where to get the best satay. Drumstick looks big and sambal has lots of ikan bilis. I have having problem with a stray cat that visits my garden. It will leave behind smelly poo in the garden and dirty footprints on my car.

PH said...

Aiyo! Kittes! I always cannot tahan when I see cats, I want to sayang2 them. So sad that the bully cat chased them away.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...