Sunday, October 2, 2022

Highlands Hotel

It has been over 2 years since my last trip to Genting Highlands. Back then during the ease of lockdown sometime in August 2020, i went there for a buffet event but didn't stay overnight. A few months later (in early 2021) the entire resort was closed due to the lockdown again.
This time we stayed at Highlands hotel (used to be known as Maxim hotel). Went there during the national day long weekend and stayed there for a few nights.
It was pouring rain on the first day we arrived. Weather was cold at 17 degree Celcius with gale of cool wind in the evening.
The temperature is shown at the large billboard (see below)....Standing outside made me shivers....
Back in the comfort of the hotel...
The hotel lift lobby reminds me of some Kpop dance studio (if you ever watch Blackpink dance practice in YouTube, the lighting and flooring look almost similar).
The corridor looks the same as last time when it was still 'Maxim',
Everything remains the same after a long lockdown...Bedsheet, pillow case, wall art, curtains....
(below) lazy chair to rest my weary feet after a long walk
and my crib for the next few nights
other amenities in the room are quite standard....toothbrush, toothpaste, shaver, shower cap, earbuds
a shower with shower screen and a large basin that can accommodate 2 person.
At the minibar, there is no longer snacks in the fridge (empty out, but the fridge is still running). Bottled water are provided daily FOC, there is also coffee, tea, sugar & creamer. 
Pretty good stay in Highlands hotel and yea, i got a hill view room...meaning i got to see the amazing sunrise and sunset view from the room.
mesmerizing 
my eyes can't keep away from such breathaking scenery
~~~~
meanwhile, this was my late lunch on Day 1.
Chicken burger and fries.
It was from a burger kiosk located nearby the Skytropolis Indoor Theme Park.
The burger tastes good just like 'KFC Zinger' burger😋
~~~~~
While getting my member card fixed at the Service Center, i stumbled upon this replica of the entire Genting Highlands resort. This is an old replica coz the outdoor theme park no longer look the same (after the huge refurbishment) and it is now known as 'Skyworld'. The cable car station has also moved to a new station located in the SkyAvenue complex.
Nevertheless this replica serves as a 'memory' on how the outdoor resort used to look like.

6 comments:

PH said...

So nice lah you get to go to Genting quite frequently. Last time my Singapore relatives love Genting but the pronounce it as "jenting". LOL!

contact.ewew said...

It's been ages since I've been to Genting Highlands. I can imagine how cold it is when it rains as I've experienced that before. The cure would be to eat steamboat...lol. Wah, whole room to yourself...can enjoy to the max! :D

mun said...

Wah, very cold, very nice! Like in winter overseas. U r a member ah? Thought only your mom is a member. Last time I was in genting is in end 2008 or early 2009 I think, more than 10 years ago.

Nancy Chan said...

My last visit to Genting was in 2016. You got a nice, comfortable room to yourself. Beautiful sky view from your room.

Rose world said...

Beautiful window views. I love it!!!

The only time I have been to Genting was back in 2002 or 2003 with my boyfriend(now husband). So long ago. More than 20 years. Must go back, this time bringing kids along.

Stacy said...

Might as well be very cold if you're going all the way up there! Or it would feel like you hadn't left KL.

Breathtaking view of sunrise. I don't recall ever getting a sunrise view room ever (or was it because I sleep late? Hehe)

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...