Monday, June 13, 2022

Day 2 Breakfast @ Hard Rock Hotel, Penang

Day 2, i was getting more ambitious to try out as many foods from the breakfast buffet compared to the previous day.
Here's my first round...
I had fried kuey teow, fried rice (nasi goreng kampung), assorted veggies...all in one plate
Followed by plain porridge but with generous condiments...spring onions, youtiao & black bean salted dace.
Then, the nasi lemak again. This time the nasi lemak is wrapped...
and it looked so tempting with the coconut rice drenched in fiery red sambalπŸ˜‹
Here's my second round....
Tom yum flat rice noodles from the noodles section
Roti canai with curry dhal from their 'roti/prata' section
and finished off with omelette and hash browns...
after the heavy breakfast, went for a stroll at the beach to burn off calories...which is located just right behind the hotel building, nearby the hotel's pool.
The beach is a public area, hence gotta exit through the gate (which is guarded by the hotel security guard). The gate is closed by evening.
Some water sport activities goin on...There is a kiosk nearby offering water sport activities with an affordable price...too bad, the day was too hot & sunny for such activities.
Better to hide under the hut and enjoy the view with a good book.
cloudless & hot weather under the scorching sun....
when the day gets hotter....i went back to the room for aircond and enjoyed a can of apple cider!

4 comments:

mun said...

Wow! I am impressed! You can win big eaters competition already! Very good. Well worth your stay there, to enjoy fully and try every food in the breakfast buffet. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Nancy Chan said...

When I was younger, I could finish all that you had for breakfast easily. Now at my age, I have to go for the less filling food. I will be tempted to eat the roti canai, tom yam noodle and nasi lemak. If I eat too full, I will feel too sleepy to participate in any activity.

Nux V said...

Mun: i hope i can qualify (for eating competition) but i doubt coz there are many youngster who can do better than me :-P

Nancy: yea, after a full meal, i felt sleepy too, but luckily that day was a lazy 'free & easy' day, so just laze around at the beach!

Stacy said...

That's a lot of carbo!

I'd be very tempted by nasi lemak in a bungkus like that too.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...