Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Gardenia Twiggies

Have you tried Twiggies before?
Long forgotten snack as it has been more than a decade since i last had one.
Usually i had this for my breakfast/teatime during my Uni days coz i was constantly on the go. 
It is so convenient to pack in the bag and are sold in the campus sundry shops.
While browsing Pandamart, i saw Twiggies on the catalog.
Many years ago they only have chocolate flavor, but nowadays they have peanut butter cream filling & vanilla. Hence, i give the peanut butter cream a try.
Below pic shows the peanut butter cream filling....not so much of peanut butter taste, but more towards cream (like those Gardenia cream bread)
The outer 'cake' layer is of chocolatey taste....I'd say that the combination is not a great one as the peanut butter taste is overpowered by the 'cream' and 'chocolatey' taste. The taste just does not match nor complement each other.
Anyway, for RM1.60 (for 2 packs), it is a good try to satisfy my curiosity....besides i got RM10 off from my total purchases in Pandamart...I only need to pay RM11 for 6 items (inclusive of delivery)!
now i m so hooked into Pandamart to see what other snacks that i could try!

9 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

No, I have not tried Gardenia Twiggies because I prefer plain buns. On and off I will buy Gardenia bread.

mun said...

Recently I also bought Gardenia Twiggies chocolate flavour via Foodpanda shop. After reading your review, don't think I will try this new peanut butter, thanks for the review. My friend told me mighty white cupcake has new flavours, red velvet, tiramisu and butter. I may buy to try if available via Foodpanda. Thanks for highlighting the Foodpanda points. Thanks to you I found out I have 2380 points when I checked the app. Lucky for me you mentioned the points else all my points would just expire if I don't know about them. Thanks again!

suituapui said...

We used to enjoy their butter scotch bread, can't remember which one my girl likes a lot. Can't get Gardenia here.

Libby said...

Don't think I have seen this gardenia twiggies here in our supermarket but we do have gardenia brand (bread loafs etc). Ya the cream does not look like peanut butter too.

PH said...

I gave tried Gardenia Twiggies before but I am not really into it. I prefer buns.

contact.ewew said...

Yes, I had Gardenia Twiggies before but that was quite some time ago. I prefer the vanilla flavour.

Twilight Man said...

I have bought their Twiggies many times and they are so soft & nice.

Stacy said...

My cabinet was full of stuff from Pandamart! I'm one of those who'd happily pay RM1 for a RM2 item that I don't need. Once I had 7 deliveries in one day and once 2 delivery guys showed up at the same time outside my gate. Paiseh haha.

Stacy said...

Oh I get Twiggies now and then for the kids. They only like the chocolate one. I had to finish the vanilla one before, not bad ar.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...