Thursday, June 24, 2021

Secret Recipe Durian Cakes

Went to Mid Valley for grocery shopping and stopped by Secret Recipe to look see look see if anything interesting....
Initially wanted to buy durian cheese tarts but there is no 'Super Trio' promotion.
It was still early around 10am when some of the cheese tarts are still 'baking' in the oven.
Meanwhile at the cakes section...all nicely displayed....and i saw someting that captured my attention...
yes, the one with 'thorns' surface
all look so tempting....i was captivated by the sight of the cakes!
ended up buying 2 slices of durian cakes....can't remember how much....i think roughly RM11.50 per slice...
According to the Secret Recipe website, the description for this 'Absolute Durian' cake is as follows:
Four layers of premium vanilla cake with three layers of rich durian filling.
tastewise not bad...like actual durian and got that 'aroma' though not pungent...
I will buy this again while stock lasts (it's a seasonal cake which only available during durian season)
Meanwhile...my fav 'addictive nuts' are back!!!
bought this from a snack store in NSK for RM18.
1kg of peanuts....and i have already finished half of it....gosh!

10 comments:

PH said...

Aiyoyo! I want that cake! LOL!

mun said...

To think I have never bought this cake before though I have tasted it at a friend's son's birthday 🎉🎊. Wah, you go to Midvalley recently or is this a old post before June 1? How is Midvalley? Like ghost mall or not since only food shops open. I wonder this secret recipe durian cake can buy in Sri petaling or not. Wah, you are really tempting me here.

mun said...

Your teeth are memang strong. I cannot eat peanuts. All my teeth will fall off if I attempt to chew peanuts.

Rose world said...

I would like cheesecake. Long time did not buy cakes from Secret Recipe. Good value ehen they have the promo. No durian cake for me!! Haha. Ages since I tasted durian, and I dont fancy durian by-products other than dodol.

Twilight Man said...

I really thought that their durian cakes are available all year long. The staff told me that they normally don't display them together with other cakes because the durian smell could taint. I bought whole cake twice and they just took them out from a separate freezer.

Nancy Chan said...

Yummy durian cake and they even decorated the icing like durian thorns. I was addicted to the salted peanuts but now no more because I find them too hard now with my weak gums.

Libby said...

I will like this durian cake too as i love to eat durians. I just had real durians just now, 5555.

Stacy said...

I like this kind of nuts but there's a high chance they wouldn't taste fresh. Haven't found a brand I can trust yet.

Oo durian cake... tempting...

Nux V said...

PH: buy! I'm sure the Secret Recipe nearby your house has durian cakes!

Mun: Mid Valley is like a ghost mall, except the supermarkets that are still operating as usual with the usual crowds. LOL, those peanuts are not that hard (like rocks), still OK to chew/bite slowly. My mum is enjoying them too.

Rose world: ohh....dodol....long time i didn't eat that.

Twilight Man: the durian cake in the fridge display is a dummy cake, the rest are real.

Nancy Chan: the durian 'thorns' are made of durian cream...very creamilicious durian....yummmzz!

Libby: yes, u will like it!

Stacy: yea, some brands are not that fresh...The brand I like is not sold anywhere 'MAS Airlines' peanuts! LOL!

Stacy said...

MAS airlines LOL!! Those were the days!

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...