Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Original Banana Leaf @ IOI City Mall

2 weeks before the 2nd lockdown, we had team lunch at Original Banana Leaf restaurant.
I ordered a banana leaf rice set meal and add on with a plate of chicken varuval.
The set is about RM17+ (inclusive of the chicken varuval).
The banana leaf rice comes with 3 vegetarian side dishes, papadam, rice with curry gravy, resam, and a glass of drink (i ordered honey lime which is not in the picture).
This would be my first & last banana leaf rice of the year....since i foresee that we might not have much chance to dine out till end of the year😟
On other days when i was working in the office, i would tapao (from drive thru) either McD or KFC.
The below is KFC signature box meal. It comes with a piece of chicken, zinger burger, fries and carbonated drink @ RM15.50 nett.
Solo dining in the office pantry. I put everything on a plate to reheat in the microwave.
Earlier this month, my colleague prepared this orange mousse cake and brought it to the office for us to try. That was our last 'get-together' in the office before everyone started to WFH. We even had a small 'farewell' group photo before digging into this mousse cake!
Judging from the current pandemic situation....It will be some time before we see each other again.
Stay safe!

5 comments:

mun said...

Just see online via zoom/Skype/google meet/ms teams and etc la. Long time I didn't eat banana leaf rice d.

mun said...

Can't wait for the vaccine to be ready and for people to get vaccinated. Oh so you like all the kfc items to be hot so u microwave all of them together.

Libby said...

The kfc signature box is value for money. Stay safe malaysia!

Nux V said...

Mun: not the same when meet online. I m skeptical of the vaccine after seeing recent news tht ppl died of flu vaccine. Fried chicken is best eaten hot.

Libby: yea value for money!

Twilight Man said...

The name 'Original' makes me think of the banana leaves or curry rice. Is there any clones? LOL

I miss having lunch with colleagues or clients. Looks like my corporate career days are over with the ongoing pandemic. I should be happy that I am still alive.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...