Thursday, May 9, 2019

Chadolbaegi Doenjang Jjigae (Beef in Soybean Paste Stew)

If u watched K-drama long enuff, u'll surely be tempted to have Korean food (especially the stew and the bbq) coz many times the K-drama would feature dining scenes. It acted so well that even a plain kimchi looks so delicious!
Anyway, to cut the story short, i'm back to my regular place (Mi Na Rae) to get my Korean food fix...
 got a window seat with a sunset view 
 instead of ordering my usual bulgogi, this time I tried chadolbaegi doenjang jjigae (beef in soybean paste stew)…
and yes, it came with 10 banchans (consists of sautéed long beans, mushrooms, caramelised anchovies, mashed potatoes, chili fishcakes, lotus roots, pajeon, beancurd and 2 types of kimchi (napa cabbage and cucumber).
I finished off all the banchans.
and got a refill...but end up couldn't finish the 'refill'
As for the stew, it was just so-so. Perhaps I m not used to taucu (fermented soybean paste) cooked with beef and beancurd. I think I will stick back to my usual bulgogi.
my meal costs RM25.30 after tax and service charge

8 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Yum! Yum! I want to eat!

I am back after eating Korean food for 8 days straight. I think I smell like Kimchi now.

Looking at your Bulgogi, my friend took me to the a special restaurant that gave us a traditional cooker on the table to cook Bulgogi. That seems to be authentic native to Busan. I was quite impressed as we normally gets served in a bowl at local restaurants. I will blog about it later.

mun said...

ah, I have yet to eat here. you must be full full to the brim after eating this meal though you prefer bulgogi. The taucu beef is kinda sweet, right?

Nux V said...

Twilight Man: u want to eat? I thought u have already bored of Korean food after having it for 8 days straight! Btw, this is not Bulgogi, it is chadolbaegi doenjang jjigae.

Mun: the beef taste flavorful with taucu. Yes super full full, though I did not finish the stew.

PH said...

You are another one (after TM) to make me crave for Korean food! LOL!

Nux V said...

PH: ooopsss!!!

contact.ewew said...

10 banchan is very generous...and you can finish them all? Wow! I once had noodles with a soybean-based broth and disliked it a lot.

Rose world said...

One thing about Korean food, they can refill. But I am not so crazy about it. K-drama, is okay but not food.

mun said...

miso soup is a soybean based soup.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...