Monday, November 10, 2014

Coliseum @ the Gardens

Many times i wanted to try out Coliseum but the crowds and long queue has turn me down.
these days the craze is no longer there...so i guess is time to drop by.
it was lunch time, and i dun feel like having steak...so i opted for Hainanese chicken chop.
 but when it arrived, i was shocked to see their version of it...
Well, it has green pea, tomatoes and mushroom (yea, the usual ingredients) but the gravy is slightly thicker than the usual Hainanese-style chicken chop. Nevertheless, generous amount of fries and huge piece of chicken chop which will stuff u till full.
and how's the food???
well, the gravy has a strong taste of Heinz tomato ketchup, which is of no difference from eating a pile of ketchup poured on a slab of chicken chop!
To add salt to injury, my sis even commented:
"what??? u eat at Coliseum? i heard that their food sucks!"
Darn, no wonder there wasn't much people dining there.

11 comments:

RealGunners said...

Hahaha, kesian lo. I guess everyone go try for the first time, then learned the lesson and never go back.

mun said...

I wanted to eat there a few times but could not bring myself to walk in after looking at the food the diners were eating. Too much sauce and gravy and meat. I prefer sushi so went for Japanese food instead.

Princess Ribbon said...

I went there once and hubby cursed/vowed never to go back there again.. Kz had fish and chips and it cost a bomb.. I chose the cheapest western meal on the menu (as I feel like having western), and it cost almost RM30 for a chicken chop. Kill me. Soya bean cost a bomb too, ridiculous.. A meal of fish & chips (for the boys), 2 chicken chops and drinks cost RM130+.. With that price, I'd rather go to Chilis or TR..

Nux V said...

RealGunners: yea, that should be my first & final time eating there.

Mun: lucky u, at least u can sneak peek on what other diners eat. When I went there, I only see a table with a family eating sizzling steak, looks OK though, and I was tricked to go in.

Princess Ribbon: Their drinks really cost a bomb, that's why I go for plain water ;-) I agree that TR/Chillis would be a better choice for such price.

Small Kucing said...

I didnt know they have it there. Hope one day when i go downtown can try out

Nux V said...

Small Kucing: Yea, perhaps u can try out and blog about it. I tink their grilled steak is OK (judging from those that the next table diners had). Others are totally not recommended.

[SK] said...

I have been to the outlet at Jalan TAR way before they started the chains business model.. errr, have not tried elsewhere but your sis said their food sucks??!! hehe, actually i also didn't find their food that great, went there just for the sake of going :D

Hayley said...

But from the photo, it looks ok, something I'd enjoy, I love thick gravy, hehe!

Nux V said...

SK: i guess the main branch is still OK provided the chefs are those old timer. Yea, go for the sake of going, at least i hav tried once ;-)

Hayley: first 2 bites are fine, but continuously afterwards feels like eating ketchup, coz the taste is so overpowering and strong.

Yee Ling said...

Hmmm..as much as I love ketchup but I think the sauce is too much for my chicken shop.HAhhah

Nux V said...

Yee Ling: agree, it is too much for the chicken so what i did was i 'sapu' the sauce with fries, treating it like ketchup;-)

The Loaf, Nu Sentral

[ Throwback ] This was my lunch sometime ago in early December when the team had meeting with our boss in Nu Sentral. I ordered the chicken ...