Saturday, July 4, 2026

Nasi Lemak Burung Hantu (Night Owl)

FIFA World Cup season, which team do you support?
I quietly support country S hehehe๐Ÿ˜€
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tried this newly opened nasi lemak restaurant in the neighborhood. For nasi lemak, you need to order from the food counter, collect the nasi lemak from there and then pay at cashier counter. For non nasi lemak, order & pay straight at the cashier counter and they will deliver to your table. 
Waited for the chicken leg to cool down before eating. It was a fresh batch of fried chicken legs. I had syrup bandung drink for RM5.50+
Looks like any ordinary nasi lemak. Taste ordinary too...hahaha!
I think they are better nasi lemak elsewhere....maybe it's just not for me๐Ÿ˜…
Apparently, this place opens till wee hours in the morning (around 4am, if not mistaken) hence it's meant for night owls.

10 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hello Nux, your chicken leg looks delicious! I also wait for it to cool down, because I can burn my tongue or throat if I eat it when it is too hot.
I am not really a sports fan...however, I do love bowling. And they are not teams, but individuals. My favourite pro bowler is Amleto Monacelli, from Venezuela. He plays in the U.S. and is very good!
I love the colours in your photos.
Your drink looks delicious as well.
Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

PH said...

Ah, so just ordinary but at least you went to try it. I am not into football, so not supporting any country hah..hah...

Stacy said...

I like the sambal for this shop.

mun said...

Ah, so you prefer Thong Kee nasi lemak as in the rice? This owl chicken is frozen or not frozen chicken? Must seek your expertise. I am ok with almost all nasi lemak as I don't eat any sambal. ๐Ÿ˜‚
I guess you mean the hype let you down as you were expecting mind blowing sambal ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿฅต

Nux V said...

Lol, nah i m no expert la....but yea this one is also frozen chicken. I think i m used to eat authentic nasi lemak from student canteen malay stall where their chicken is sourced from pasar pagi, hence the meat is tender, juicy & full of chicken taste. A good nasi lemak sambal shouldn't be too sweet nor ๐Ÿ”ฅspicy. If got chance, you can try AirAsia or MAS nasi lemak, those are the nice ones, mild spicy yet fragrant. I have not try Thong Kee nasi lemak so i m not sure.

Nux V said...

I prefer sambal with onions.

Nux V said...

I m not a football fan either, except for world cup coz that's the only time we get to see true sportsmanship pro level skills on the field. Not any lousy matches. People paid thousands of dollars to get a ticket to watch these!

Nux V said...

I love bowling too, but i seldom bowl nowadays. Hope you have a lovely weekend too.

mun said...

I have eaten AirAsia nasi lemak when I took AirAsia airlines and also when AirAsia opened their eatery in Midvalley mall called Santan back in year 2020 in January before pandemic lockdown. That Santan nasi lemak is supposed to be same as nasi lemak on AirAsia. I m no expert in nasi lemak and usually don't eat the sambal so almost all nasi lemak I accept unless the rice is hard and not cooked. ๐Ÿ˜‚

mun said...

Ah, the sambal given by nanyang old street Taman Desa is full of onions so I did eat all cos duwan waste onions ๐Ÿง…

Office Lunches in BVI

These are muffins from Spain, definitely not related to pig. Bought them in one of the supermarkets in Road Town for my breakfast. [Below] M...