Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Sint Maarten, Caribbean

3 hours flight from Panama City to Sint Maarten on Copa Airlines. I don't expect much on being served nice food when on a non-Asian airlines....They would usually serve just chips and cookies. But well, i'm fine with that. Plantain chips are my favorites.
[Below] The flight route....flying above the Caribbean Sea.
Reached Sint Maarten around noon. As it was still too early to check-in, I hang around the airport and took my lunch before taking taxi to the 'lodging place'....
I don't know if the place I stayed could fit the definition of a 'hotel' coz it looks like some sort of motel nearby the airport. My boss randomly booked this place coz it is nearest to the airport as I have a morning flight to catch the next day.
My lodging place - BethsAida Conference Center & Boutique Hotel.....
such a long name!
But the place is nothing fancy like a boutique hotel, just a normal lodging place with ordinary room.
It looks just like your bedroom😂
with clean bathroom and basic amenities. USD250 per nite....not cheap!
The balcony facing the airport tarmac.
It was noisy during the daytime...due to the plane landing and departing. The airport close at 7pm and it was all quiet then.
[Below] The lodging place's communal area with tables/chairs. There is no desk in the room, hence this is the only available working space.
Not far from the airport, there is a roundabout with Sint Maarten flag.
[Below] Are you able to guess the meaning of this signboard?
Yes, it is a bus stop.
I hopped on a bus to Maho Beach for an adventure😎
a dangerous adventure!
Maho Beach on a Thursday evening. Ah, these people no need work!
some sipping cocktails while enjoying the reggae beat by the Caribbean Sea😂
Life is such a bliss for these wealthy holiday-goers!
Nearby Maho Beach there are a few established hotels and restaurants. Nope, I did not dine there although my boss recommended me to visit. I need to go back before the skies turn dark...Looks like it is going to rain soon!
I love St Maarten!💕
and the clear blue sea.....
Walking back to the bus stop....I saw this signboard. I don't quite understand what has changed?
Could be some new road under construction....
But as a first timer seeing this signboard warning, it really got me alerted and be extra careful coz I don't know to what extent the traffic situation has changed😅

No comments:

Sint Maarten, Caribbean

3 hours flight from Panama City to Sint Maarten on Copa Airlines. I don't expect much on being served nice food when on a non-Asian airl...