Monday, May 20, 2024

Kawan Place @ Sri Petaling

Been here a few times and would usually ordered their nasi lemak.
This time I wanted to try something else, perhaps fried rice. If i remember correctly, they have 2 types of fried rice: prawn fried rice with is quite bland like Chinese-style fried rice and the other is kampung fried rice which has ikan bilis, chili and maybe belacan in it. I prefer the latter coz i like some spiciness in fried rice.
I also ordered a basket of assorted siu mai. It came with 5 different flavors - original, herbal, otak otak, black pepper and the last one can't remember, but I think is prawn siu mai.
These are halal, from chicken meat.
My favorite are the herbal and prawn siu mai.
Chili dip provided for the siu mai and surprisingly the kampung fried rice has chili dip too.
Total bill is RM28.40 for this extravagant dinner.

2 comments:

mun said...

Ah, I have eaten brunch at this place once when it just opened. Ok ok.

Stacy said...

I find that halal siew mais can be a bit too... 'creative'.

Half Island Barbados Tour

Barbados is a Commonwealth country with predominantly English speaking population consists of black, multi racial mix, white and Indian. Des...