Sunday, July 16, 2023

When one portion is meant for 2

The other week, i returned to Luisito Chef to try out their fried rice. I had 'char siew' fried rice which came out in a huge portion, with the rice piled up like our 'ais kacang'.
I was shocked to see that and immediately requested the staff to give me a box to tapao half portion of it, knowing that it is impossible for me to finish it.
Even after split into 2 (one to bring home for dinner), the half portion (on the plate) is still alot.
Definitely carbs-overloaded.
Anyway, i finished off everything on the plate, and gulped down that pot of Chinese tea to digest off the carbs!
USD7 for this meal, was very full and felt like a rice bucket😆
~~~~~~~~
[Below] Showing off my coins....i mean the Panama coins/Balboa.
After some time, i managed to get the full set of their coins, from (left to right):
one cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 25 cent, 50 cent and one Balboa (equivalent to a dollar)
The correct denomination is:
Un centésimo (0.01)
Cinco centésimos de balboa (0.05)
Un décimo de balboa (0.10)
Un cuarto de balboa (0.25)
Medio balboa (0.50)
Un balboa (1.00)
I no longer collect foreign coins ever since my coin book was stolen in 2012. Before leaving Panama, i spent all the coins and left only the one-cents at the apartment.
~~~~~~~~
Back to my full-loaded-carb meal....
Here's what i did to the fried rice. I stir-fried some cabbages and made an omelette to substitute for the lacking veggies & protein in the meal.
There goes my dinner....

3 comments:

PH said...

That portion of fried rice is really BIG! If you are earning USD, then USD7 is cheap for that amount of food (don't convert to RM). It can be so confusing when using the coins. I will sure kepala pusing!

Tekkaus said...

That fried rice portion is gigantic, right? I can totally relate to your struggle of trying to finish it all. And those Panama coins are pretty cool, especially the Balboa! By the way, I’m sorry to hear about your stolen coin book in 2012. That must have been a bummer. But hey, at least you managed to complete the set before leaving Panama. Your improvised dinner with stir-fried cabbages and an omelette sounds delicious!

mun said...

Wah, you got cook egg and cabbage in Panama. Well done! I see that huge amount of rice I pengsan.

BBQ Barn @ Rockley, Barbados

One of the weekend we have to support users and the session ended around 11:50am. I was already hungry by then coz i woke up early and didn&...