Monday, July 3, 2023

Luisito Chef @ Costa Del Este

[Below] My office is located in this building. Yes, I go to the office on daily basis, just like pre-pandemic days. This typical office building is well kept and clean. You wouldn't find a single trash on the floor coz it is being housekept a few times daily. I think most Panamanians are conscientious people as they maintain their country well, very much like Singaporean. They respect the wellbeing of others and maintain high social etiquette. Here, you will see people greetings each other, despite being strangers. And many of them behave & dressed decently, despite the western US influences. I was surprised by their cordialness & politeness that is very much like Asians. Personally, i think theirs is a mix of Bhutanese cordialness and Japanese politeness (minus the bow).
Another view from the office, not far behind these buildings is the Pacific Ocean.
The skies get dark at 7pm (very much like our 8pm), hence usually people leaves the office around 5-6 before the skies get dark. 
On the third day, I decided to venture to the other side of shoplots which consist of Japanese & Chinese eateries as well as a Chinese mini market.
This eatery, known as Luisito Chef caught my attention. It is similar to 'dai chow' restaurant which offers chicken, beef, fish and pork dishes as well as rice and noodles.
Pricewise is reasonable by their standard.
I ordered a beef chow mein at USD6.95nett.
here's how it looks like in the restaurant.
It was around 6pm, so it was still early for the diners to come in for dinner.
My chow mein came with a pot of hot Chinese tea. Great!
Generous portion of noodles, cabbage and beef. I believe this portion is for 2 pax although it shows single portion in the menu. They have 'half portion' in the menu too, which is priced at USD5. That should be the correct single portion then. Anyway, it took me some time to eat this. I couldn't finish the noodles. I must remember to bring a container next time. Tastewise, ok la. Very much like home-cooked style chow mein. They provide chili sauce too, which is the sri racha sauce.
~~~~~~~~
[Below] After this heavy meal, I went back to the apartment and call it a day. But before that, I made a visit to the pool to enjoy the sunset.
The sunset here indicates sunrise in Malaysia....it is at entirely opposite of the globe.
Ok, time to go back home.
Ciao!

3 comments:

mun said...

Wow! Very nice pool. You can go swimming in that very nice pool daily la. Relax and look at the sunset.

mun said...

Bhutanese cordialness - wah, what a nice phrase. I learn something new from you today, thanks! 👍 😊

PH said...

The portion size of your meal is huge! If I am very hungry, I might be able to finish that portion. Generally we Malaysians are not used to being greeted by strangers since it is not our usual practice over here. When I was in Boston many years ago, the kwai lohs ill greet us and of course we greet them back but it felt very strange. LOL!

BBQ Barn @ Rockley, Barbados

One of the weekend we have to support users and the session ended around 11:50am. I was already hungry by then coz i woke up early and didn&...