Monday, February 14, 2022

Rotiboy Bun

My first taste of 'Rotiboy' Mexican coffee bun was back in 2004 when my then campus roommate bought extra and gave me one.
I immediately fell in love with it...it was so so so full of coffee + buttery taste that kept me wanting for more....Yes, it was that addictive!
And back then the queue at Rotiboy Mid Valley was super long...that explains how good it was!
All the while i thought it is a Malaysian franchise...i wonder why the domain is registered as SG?? (did they move base to SG?)
the price back then (in 2004) was RM1.50 per bun...now it is RM2.80 and the size has shrunk so much~~~
that's why it live up to its slogan 'One is never enough'....coz the bun is just too small...LOL!
Also, instead of a customized paper bag with the shop name, many years ago they used a plain brown paper bag like this....
(*unrelated to the above) btw, this paper bag has something else inside...
guess what?
yes, it is lekor!
and vadai!
Bought 3 pieces of lekor for RM1 + 3 pieces of vadai for RM2 from a roadside stall
Both are my fav goreng goreng snacks
There goes my teatime!😁

8 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I know this RotiBoy boss. I guess he has reasons to register there cos he has so many outlets now in overseas like Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia and Thailand.
Now I want to go and buy one Roti Boy to eat la.

mun said...

I think after I didn't go to shopping malls during this pandemic, I didn't eat any roti boy already. I used to buy them for my spouse and he will eat all and leave the part with butter fillings for me, hahahaha. Wah, very good price for the lekor and vadai. Is the roadside stall near your place or near your office?

Tekkaus said...

I have had roti boy almost on a weekly basis...but then again I am not sure if it is called Roti Boy or mama roti. They do taste almost identical. :)

PH said...

I had Rotiboy bun many years ago but I did not really like it. Something must ne wrong with me. LOL! There use to be a shop at 1 Utama and my brother will buy whenever we passed by. Keropok lekor is definitely one of my favorite snacks. I used to eat that in the school canteen back in Kuala Terengganu. Or we also tapau from stalls.

Rose world said...

Heard of Rotiboy but never try. I like vadai but long time didn't have that. Not easy to find this over here.

Nancy Chan said...

I think we have rotiboy in Ipoh but I can't remember whether I have tried the bun or not. I love goreng snack too. Lekor and vadai are some of my favourites.

Diana Diane Teo said...

Rotiboy always reminds me of my trip to KLCC, everytime will passby from the LRT station. Speaking of this, I also can't recall when was the last time I had Rotiboy. Miss it so much

Stacy said...

Cheh thought Rotiboy gave you a gift. :p

Quality depends on the outlet I suppose. The last time I bought this, the bun was a bit dry so I won't be buying again so soon.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...