Thursday, May 13, 2021

Last Dine Out before MCO3 @ Super Kitchen Chili Pan Mee

I had my last dine-out on 3rd of May, sensing that another MCO will happen soon. True enough, MCO is enforced a few days later (starting from 7 May in KL and 12 May nationwide).
Went to have chili pan mee at a neighbourhood shop.
The menu is simple....i had tasted item A1, A2, A4 and A5 in my previous visits
The side orders....i would usually order wanton or dumpling soup to go with my chili pan mee, coz the pan mee is too plain (with only ikan bilis & very lil' amout of minced pork)
There goes my chili pan mee...i put in 1 teaspoon of chili flakes into the noodles and stirred it evenly...It is still spicy, but bearable.
The noodles come with a small bowl of 'manicai' (马尼菜) soup....or known as sayur cangkuk manis.
the wonton soup....with 8 pieces of wontons in it.
Tastewise just passable....my mum cooks better wonton than these!
The total damage for this meal with service charge is RM16.45 nett
Hopefully this MCO shall not be extended again...*with proper enforcement & no flouters, the situation should improved right?
Alot of eateries & businesses are affected especially when dine-ins are not allowed in restaurants...
Till then stay safe & take care!

8 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Our government is so predictable nowadays. We could smell when the MCO is coming and they have caused the Raya sellers screaming. I feel sorry for them.

I believe that our mothers are the best cooks!

mun said...

Your mother makes her own wonton fillings and wonton skins? I think I know where this shop is but I seldom eat there. Ate there once a very very very long time ago. Best not to dine in even when mco is over to stay safe but even I dined in a few times cos Tak tahan. So sweat.

PH said...

I haven't tried dry style pan mee like the one you had.

Nancy Chan said...

I love this type of chili pan mee. I miss it very much.

Libby said...

I have not tried dry style chili pan mee like this before, it looks tasty! MCO 3.0 starts 12 May in Malaysia whereas Phase 2 Heightened Alert starts 16 May in SG, almost the same timing, just like TM says, I kind of expected this to happen looking at how local community cases rise more than the imported cases.

Rose world said...

Long time did not have pan mee. I like soupy version more than the dry one. No nice pan mee over here.

From the look of things, it looks like it is going to be extended and no dine-in at eateries to curb the rises in cases. If only people stay vigilant and follow SOP well, we should be able to get through it, but with the virus variant etc, it is really unpredictable.

Stacy said...

Plus this time vaccines are being rolled out, so fingers all crossed!

I didn't manage to dine out as too busy taking advantage of the Sama2 Lokal promos on Maybank hehe.

RealGunners said...

Actually I can't wait for another full lockdown at this point in time. I think Malaysians in general need to be forced to duduk rumah. Although realistically I know if we do this again, a lot of people will die due to financial reasons instead of Covid.

Sun Thai Restaurant @ Sri Petaling

This halal Thai restaurant opens till midnite. It is located along the stretch of bars/bistros in the neighborhood commercial area. Occupyin...