Friday, January 1, 2021

Sri Petaling Traditional Sponge Cake

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!

Last month has been a busy month coz of project closing, followed by year-end audits, appraisal....and finally year-end clear leaves...
the December month seems too short and was jam-packed with festive and public holidays
not to mention.....yours truly birthday....
I was WFH as usual on my birthday....it was a Friday and was rushing for a project release on that day itself...Lunch was a quick one...delivery via GrabFood paid by annoying sis....It was a 'surprise birthday lunch' and was told via Whatsapp to collect my food a few minutes before it arrived. I was kinda 'annoyed' coz was so immersed with work and suddenly gotta put aside my work to attend to her impromptu surprise.
2 boxes of KFC Tandoori fried chicken....comes to 6 pieces of chicken!
*these are for sharing...
mostly ribs, wings, drumsticks and only one chicken thigh....It arrived in piping hot and was still crispy.
and my birthday cake?
Ini maciam lor...
Since i dislike cream cakes.....i only had sponge cake as substitute 😆
OK la...not too bad...except that this sponge cake is so ordinary and is not worth at RM18....
There are other flavors available: Original, Chocolate, Pandan and Cheese
The below is cheese flavor....but i hardly taste any cheesiness in it.
meanwhile....in an unrelated occasion....annoying sis got a free one-night-stay at Sheraton PJ....and RM100 dine in voucher....so shiok....
would you dare to go for a staycation??
hopefully the pandemic will subside soon....
and lets' hope for a better year ahead!

8 comments:

Rose world said...

Happy New Year. And Happy belated birthday.

I haven't try the KFC tandoori chicken. I have cash vouchers, used up half for Christmas eve lunch. Another half, maybe will use to buy the tandoori fried chicken.

mun said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! May you be blessed with good health happiness peace and prosperity! Hah, I know where the cake shop is but never stop there to buy. Everyone is going for staycation, almost everyone but not me. If can accept the possible consequences then can go la.

mun said...

Happy belated birthday to you! December babies got many holidays! The cheese are just those sprinkled on top and some swirls inside. These are those cakes popular in Tamsui, Taiwan but locals here don't find them special la but ok Tamsui, will feel different when eating this cake. I bought a big slab in Tamsui and ate all by myself, lolx! You don't like strong cheese taste, right? So should be right for u.

Tekkaus said...

Happy new year to you and happy belated birthday.

I want the tandoori chicken. :D

suituapui said...

Happy birthday & Happy 2021. I guess it is quite safe to go and stay in a hotel - wouldn't have a lot of guests at a time like this, I'm sure...and they follow the SOPs strictly.

Diana Diane Teo said...

Happy New Year and Happy Belated Birthday? What do you think of the KFC Tandoori chicken? Do you like it? I tried it few weeks ago and I dislike the taste.

Twilight Man said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Mine is coming soon this month! Hihihihi

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021 and hope the borders will open soon!

Libby said...

Happy belated birthday and happy 2021! No thanks to fried tandoori chicken, I will stick to my originl chicken hee hee. So shyiok, your sis got free one night stay at Sheraton and dine in voucher.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...