Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Xmas Decor @ Mid Valley.....

Took an annual leave to lepak the mall again....Thought that i would have avoid the crowds during the weekday but seems not.
Despite the high number of cases, everything is back to normal (except for the masks) - with people thronged the shopping malls and so enthusiastic to take pictures with the blinks blinks and trees. 
I only snapped a picture from afar while passing by to dine at Burger King.
The famous car of the year, i see this red car in most of my friends' pictures (and profile picture) in the FB.
My ultimate goal during this prison-break is to eat and buy groceries.....
After the burger & fries got digested, i decided to stop by D'Laksa to try out their assam laksa (RM7) coz i couldn't resists the aroma....The soup was thick and flavourful, but it was also spicy. Can't eat much else end up crying!
Went to AEON to spend my RM20 vouchers given by the company as my b'day gift. Though it expires in mid 2021, I decided to spend it now, before it is forgotten. 
so i bought....ahemm
.
.
.
.
.
a birthday marble cake!
it was a huge 950g cake....but when we weigh it at home, the scale shows 1kg+
We decided to chuck the cake into the fridge after eaten a quarter of it.
On the left is the ice cream tub container (Wall's tub with 1.5L capacity) for size comparison to store the cake.
The marble cake tastes ordinary but is enough to fill the stomach when hungry!

13 comments:

mun said...

That day it was a van when I was there. Now change to red car?! I was thinking of going there this weekend. looks like I need to rethink or replan. You went during lunch time?

mun said...

I agree with you that must use the voucher as soon as possible before it expires in case misplaced or forgotten. I have never eaten dlaksa cos I takut pedas. The marble cake got any butter taste?

Tekkaus said...

Makes me want to visit MidValley. I have always visted MidVallye at least once a year. Unfortunately this year we are not possible to do that.

Twilight Man said...

I always like to buy Aeon's Gift Vouchers to give friends for their birthdays instead of cash ang pows. It looks more tactful and they feel happier too. The same with using IKEA's vouchers for house warming gifts.

I must go to Mid Valley again to take photos. The other day was a Sunday and it was packed like sardine in the morning. I panicked and left after collecting documents from my client. I felt so unsafe.

Nux V said...

Mun: I went there around 2pm which is after peak lunch hour. That vehicle on display is a van? I didn't notice its 'back' coz i faster cabut after taking picture. Too many people there. Marble cake has very very light butter taste, almost cannot taste. The D'Laksa is not recommended if can't take spicy.

Tekkaus: yea, better stay at home. KL has too many COVID19 cases and unsafe to go out.

Twilight Man: weekday already got so many people, it is expected that weekend is even worse....Must avoid going to the malls on weekend.

PH said...

I think now people are starting to come out ramai-ramai again. Last week at Aeon it was not so quite and deserted anymore. Malls are coming alive again!

Nux V said...

PH: tht's the scary part ---- beramai-ramai!

Nancy Chan said...

Very nice Christmas decoration, no wonder many people wanting to take photos. I am thinking of laksa now. I still have an Aeon voucher in my purchase. Better to use it before it is forgotten.

mun said...

Oh dear. I was thinking of going on a Sunday. Looks like it will be more packed nearer to Xmas n ny.

mun said...

The red car you showed here is a car I believe because the van photo I took is very obviously a van. U know those antique volkswagen van, it is that van.

mun said...

The photo of that antique VW van can be seen here:
http://muntalksfood.blogspot.com/2020/11/xmas-decor-kfc-tandoori.html?m=1

Stacy said...

No photobooths at Midvalley for this year? I was thinking how to VERY quickly go in, snap photos and then out. Your pictures look festive enough but if have to be selective, 1u is more enticing with its gnome Xmas deco theme. Me likey gnomes. :)

Libby said...

So nice you got birthday vouchers! Looking at your marble cake makes me think of buying Sara Lee Butter cake again.

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...