Thursday, December 17, 2020

KFC Tandoori, Pan Mee Soup and Keropok Lekor

Was in the office for 3 consecutive days on last week due to my involvement in ISO audit.
On the second day of working in the office, i went out for lunch at a shop located below some flats in Sri Serdang.
The shop was quite empty with no customer....it is not a commercial area, hence business is slower.
Ordered a Pan mee soup (RM5.50) and add-on with egg (RM0.70), so this bowl of noodles costs RM6.20
Quite a decent price for a bowl of soupy noodles.
This Pan mee soup does not have anchovies but was served with pork balls and fishcakes...which i like!
The soup taste bland due to lacking umami from the anchovies, but is still OK as it reminds me of the soup tht my mum cooks (very lightly flavored!)
This place is 'tastefully decorated' with antique rack and all sorts of wall decorative. While i was there, another group came and dined at the other corner. The entire shop only has 2 tables occupied (including mine). 
On my way back to the office, i also bought some fried snacks coz i haven't eaten these for a very loooong time!
Deep fried keropok lekor (5 for RM1) and banana fritters (4 for RM1) = total is RM2.
I ate halfway before i remembered to take this picture.
Dinner was drive-thru KFC.
I bought the Chicken Tandoori coz i like its colorful box!
nah.....coz my mum was hooked on it - the crispiness and the strong tangy flavor 
We shared this box of chicken, but i finished most of it!
BON APPETIT!

10 comments:

mun said...

Your mom like the tandoori chicken! Did you go to lunch alone for the pan Mee? Have you been to the shop before so you know to eat there?

Tekkaus said...

I have yet to try the tandori KFC. Very tangy aye. Sounds good. :)

Stacy said...

One thing I like about going into the office is the lunch choices! That was 5 days last month and should be another 4 days for this month.

Aha I just had normal spicy KFC and it came in that colourful box too. Was opening the box while hoping they'd not given me the wrong type!

Nancy Chan said...

I have tried the KFC tandoori and I like it too. I like pan mee too. Ohhh keropok lekor and banana fritters, its been a long time since I last ate them.

Nux V said...

Mun: I went alone to eat the Pan mee. My other colleagues ordered food from Grabfood or brought their own lunch. Yes I have been to that shop before the first MCO...which was some 9 months ago.

Tekkaus: Go try it before they take them off the menu ;-)

Stacy: yes, more lunch choices! I only started to go to the office on last week (3 days in a row), yesterday and today, so total 5 days for this month. Next week onwards will be WFH and then i'm off until new year!

Nancy Chan: oohh….u liked it too....Tandoori seems like a popular flavor. I just had keropok lekor again (today) from a Malay stall nearby the office.

Rose world said...

KFC tandoori chicken is nice?? Ok, I must give it a try.

Long time did not take pan mee soup. I prefer the soupy version than dry version.

Nux V said...

Rose world: KFC tandoori is best eaten fresh when it is crunchy. Personally I would still prefer KFC Original.

PH said...

I feel that I must try the KFC Tandoori. LOL!

Libby said...

I just had KFC two days in a row last week. Mine was a drumstick and breast meat on first day. Second day it was thigh, wing and drumstick. Somehow I still prefer the original flavour. Yums!

Twilight Man said...

I almost gave up eating KFC chicken. Now I have to try this tandoori KFC chicken otherwise they will loose a customer like me.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...