Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Would you buy?

There seems to be a lot of convenient stores mushrooming around the neighbourhood these days...First it was Shin Sun Mi Korean Market, then came another one (forgot the name) which sells imported snacks from Taiwan/Thailand/China/Korea/Japan....
Here's what they sell:
Asian flavored Ruffles...it is a giant pack and costs almost RM50 per pack!
 some premium instant noodles from various countries...
my eyeball almost pop out looking at the price!
yea, that is the price for ONE packet (not a bundle of 4 or 5)
 more snacks - candies, chocolates, assorted chips of various flavors u could imagine from Taiwan/China....
the price is steep too.
 Perhaps those who are curious would buy a pack to try...But I wouldn't...it's just artificial flavoring that differs these from ours.
Instead of looking at all these crappy snacks...I might as well just enjoy the sights of these gold fishes welcoming customers at the entrance....


5 comments:

mun said...

So far I have not bought any imported snacks that are more than RM20 per pack. The most expensive imported snack that I have bought is salted egg yolk biscuits from Taiwan at RM19.90 with many small packs (about 15 packs) inside.

PH said...

Very pricey indeed! Don't think I will buy at such prices even though I love these snacks.

Libby said...

I don't think I will spend too much on snacks too, like those salted egg fish skin which are very popular recently, costs around S$7 to S$8 per packet, I don't buy too

Nux V said...

Mun: the salted egg yolk snacks are indeed very pricey...

Phong Hong: high 5!

Libby: whatever salted fish chips/biscuit/etc....are kinda overpriced...

mun said...

The salted egg yolk biscuits are not as expensive as those salted egg fish skins snacks which costs nearly RM30 per pack.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...