Thursday, November 8, 2018

Bento Formosa

Was craving for some Taiwanese minced pork rice, so instead of flying there, it would be more economical to just pop up at this outlet which is just within a few km radius from home...
as usual, this was my b'fast + lunch + dinner all in one meal.
the minced pork rice was flavorful, full of porky-goodness...
although slightly fatty/oily
 the side dishes wasn't bad too...2 of these are pickled veggies...which is nice to go with plain rice
 I also ordered an ala-carte of tempura fishcake (written as tempura fish ~something~...in the menu), but it wasn't tempura at all.
The texture and taste almost like our fish 'lekor', it's chewable, not too hard not too soft...
taste-wise ok...
This place also serves various Taiwanese dessert and milk tea...so, perhaps would give it a try some time later.

4 comments:

mun said...

What a coincidence! Both you and PH writing about Taiwan cuisine. Hers are not authentic ones and yours fare better. Wah you are really saving time by eating all 3 meals at one go! Great to hear that you enjoyed this meal unlike PH who had a not tasty meal.

Libby said...

Is that minced pork or pork belly? I like flavourful food too

Nux V said...

Mun: yea, such a coincidence!

Libby: that is minced pork. I will blog about their pork belly dish in my next post ;-)

PH said...

I am sure what you had is so much better than my experience with Taiwan food.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...