Thursday, December 10, 2015

Lunchies @ Vistana Hotel

My two days of training ended up with full knowledge stomach. We were fed to the brim with 3 meals a day - breakfast, lunch and teatime!
Breakfast & teatime were usually fried rice/noodles and simple kuihs, meanwhile our lunch was at the hotel cafeteria, and yea...buffet style.
This were what I had during my first day...Abit of everything...
Started up with a broccoli soup
Then, my main meal consists of curry fish, dark soy sauce chicken, black pepper beef, bolognaise spaghetti, some rice, and veggies...I basically have no preferences and ended up with 'everything'!
The beef were hard...I can only chewed on it like some sort of chewing gum!
The below is my second helping...more greens and desserts...
Food was so-so, nothing 'fabulous', choices were limited and dun expect of having various 'counters' like in those 5-star hotel. They dun even have ice-cream or ice kacang...
Second day was slightly better, in terms of food choices...despite that the beef still sucks.
Tom yam noodle. Sourish but not spicy at all. There is no seafood in there, just fish balls and a few greens.
again, abit of everything...Tastewise...ok-lah
and second helping of carrot cake, cheese cake, malay kuihs, coleslaw and potato salad...
So, there goes my 2-days of overeating feasting.

5 comments:

[SK] said...

trainings in hotel, and you were being fed to the brim!! that's nice, haha.. i guess you really had a bit of everything huh, but you didn't actually eat much lah.. :)

mun said...

Free food - what is not to like about it - the food looks decent enough except for the tough beef.

CL (RealGunners) said...

Customized buffet lunch instead of the usual buffet lunch, is like that one lah. As long as edible then okay lah...

Nux V said...

SK: haha...it's good to have a huge appetite, especially during trainings! Luckily I didn't fall asleep during the class.

Mun: yea...they served really low quality cheap beef..

RealGunners: got such thing as customized buffet? I tot all hotel buffet are the usual ones? I think this is not customized coz they were other patrons (not from the training) that also dine on the same.

Huai Bin said...

Looks good!

I had the best buffet lunch of my entire life last week at Svago, KLCC. I had an event there (upstairs) and Svago did the catering, there was a platter of hot prawn skewers doused in pesto that I absolutely adored. I think I ate 10 sticks of 4 large prawns each by myself. Haha.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...