Saturday, October 18, 2008

Public Speaking

It has been a year since I last do a public speaking in front of a huge group. The previous time was a training conducted by me with another colleague. Been known as someone with less word, and being a quiet person in nature, I hardly speak in reality. I would find it difficult to approach people and do an ‘ice break’ even with one or two of them. The reason are obvious.
I m afraid of:
- people who might judge me by how I convey my message.
- people who laugh at my minor mistakes in speech.
- people who teased whenever I missed my point.
- my words being used as laughing stock.
- people stares, as if they are trying to find my odds.

The fear are still with me despite been trying hard to cope with it. Years ago, I managed to overcome it after doing continuous presentation for weeks (till I get used with the crowds). But after some time being ‘off stage’, it sort of coming back again.
Next week, I will be presenting again in front of some 20+ people which have much more experience on my talk topic.
Nervous? Yes.
Excited? Very.
I need to get back on track again.

Wish me luck!

Myspace Graphics

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

Good luck!

C said...

LOL!! I think u got no problem with it lar! Ganbatte!!! Wish u luckssssss!

St. Louis Millers said...

Public Speaking is the #1 Fear with many people.

Check out this site for helpful information:
http://www.nosweatpublicspeaking.com/

Eileen said...

Best best of luck!!!

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...