Saturday, October 18, 2008

Public Speaking

It has been a year since I last do a public speaking in front of a huge group. The previous time was a training conducted by me with another colleague. Been known as someone with less word, and being a quiet person in nature, I hardly speak in reality. I would find it difficult to approach people and do an ‘ice break’ even with one or two of them. The reason are obvious.
I m afraid of:
- people who might judge me by how I convey my message.
- people who laugh at my minor mistakes in speech.
- people who teased whenever I missed my point.
- my words being used as laughing stock.
- people stares, as if they are trying to find my odds.

The fear are still with me despite been trying hard to cope with it. Years ago, I managed to overcome it after doing continuous presentation for weeks (till I get used with the crowds). But after some time being ‘off stage’, it sort of coming back again.
Next week, I will be presenting again in front of some 20+ people which have much more experience on my talk topic.
Nervous? Yes.
Excited? Very.
I need to get back on track again.

Wish me luck!

Myspace Graphics

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

Good luck!

C said...

LOL!! I think u got no problem with it lar! Ganbatte!!! Wish u luckssssss!

St. Louis Millers said...

Public Speaking is the #1 Fear with many people.

Check out this site for helpful information:
http://www.nosweatpublicspeaking.com/

Eileen said...

Best best of luck!!!

Dayeh Noodles

Went to try out this beef noodles shop, located opposite the parking lot where the weekly pasar malam (night market) is located. The shop is...