Saturday, March 29, 2008

Good Deeds

Despite living in rat-race environment and being a materialistic person, I do have feelings and empathy for those who "doesn't live with sufficient health and/or wealth". Ok, I ain't generous in terms of giving out donation. I seldom donate $$$ nowadays, coz it's just difficult for me to differentiate a scam.
Thus, i have switched to a different method of lending help...which is to donate
BLOOD

YEA, i enjoy the sensation of being poke by a thick needle, thru my flesh, deep into the vein, seeing my blood oozes out from the tube towards a 350ml packet.
*for those who have no idea how much 350ml is, try imagine a can of soft drink + another 50ml of liquid
Upon completing, the nurse even put the packet on my lap while she went away looking for tools as to cut off the tube. I got a nice view of my own blood, before bidding it goodbye...
*too bad, i didn't bring my cam wif me to take its picture...
On the other hand, my dad was abit generous, coz he is more willing to fork out some $ to buy this charity dinner ticket

Have you done your part yet?

7 comments:

C said...

Cool to donate blood. I wish I can too. (but i scare of needle). Lame excuse but its true. lol!

Anonymous said...

Well done.. For me, I cannot donate blood le.. no enough blood.. weak lol

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say that I has never went for blood donation before. I am needle-shy.

pearly said...

you are brave girl .
I haven't donate anything so far other Money only I can do or bake cake to rise for children in need .
So proud of you xxxx

Chee Hoe said...

I donate blood from time to time as well. Its a good thing to do.

Anonymous said...

I donated blood once. The painful part is the blood test part. Dun know what kind of needle they use, it feels painful when they poke my finger.
But surprisingly the huge needle poking into my arm, i didnt feel anything at all.

khengsiong said...

Well done, uto...

I also donate blood, but I don't look at the blood flowing la...

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...