Sunday, September 8, 2024

Veggies World Cafe

During the pandemic lockdown, I used to order lui cha (thunder tea rice) from Simple Garden Cafe via Foodpanda. That's the only vegetarian restaurant in the neighborhood that I know of. Over the years, there are only a few places/stalls that serve lui cha, they come and go hence I don't have any fixed preference. 
Recently I discovered another place that served lui cha, apart from Foloso.
This restaurant is quite hidden and located within the same row of automobile workshops and printing factories. It has been around for quite some time and is quite popular among the residents, seeing the crowds during the peak hours.
I didn't notice this place at first coz it looks dull from outside. Never did I know it serves lui cha and a variety of rice/noodles/dishes too.
The lui cha came in generous portion for RM12 nett.
I enjoyed crunching the freshly cut veggies and peanuts with thick 'tea' soup.
On another visit, I tried the vegetarian yinyong noodles. Taste OK despite the absence of prawns and fishcakes, just lacking some umami-ness. For dishes that contain egg such as this yinyong noodles, the staff would ask if the customer can consume egg and remark the chef.
[Below] Extensive menu of rice, noodles and Chinese dishes 'dai chow' style.
They even have yam basket, mock fish/seafood.
Price is reasonable too.
Despite having 'Daily Special', I prefer to order the items from their main menu as they are cheaper (RM9-12) and appealing compared to the 'Daily Special'.
[Below] Clean and comfortable dining environment. The staffs are mostly local Chinese and not immigrant workers. I can see the service and hygiene level is way better than the restaurants run by immigrant workers. I feel at ease to be served by local staffs, which is hardly seen in many restaurants these days (unless the person is boss/owner or business partners, boss/owner's relatives)
I saw one of the staffs attentively explained the items in the menu to the customer at the next table.
And during my last visit, I was being asked a few times (by different staffs) if someone has taken my order. Yea, they are using the conventional ordering system, no QR code or order chit.

3 comments:

mun said...

I think I have eaten at this place a very very long time ago. I may go try the lui Cha. Thanks for the review.

Lotus said...

The lui cha looks good and reasonably priced. I have been eating vegetarian food on every chor yat and chap goh for 10 years.

PH said...

The lui cha looks delicious. So far I have only tried lui cha from Judy's when they were at The Starling foodcourt and I was surprised that it is so tasty.

18 Grams, Sri Petaling

This is a newly opened cafe in the neighborhood, I guessed it started sometime July. Previously it was a dessert shop selling tongsui. This ...