Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Kawan Place @ Sri Petaling

This was sometime ago, early this year. Back then, it was my first visit to Kawan Place restaurant which is strategically located at the junction opposite McD.
Tried their nyonya chicken nasi lemak....
The so-called 'nyonya chicken' is actually curry chicken with potato...I was surprised to see 2 pieces of deep fried wanton with the nasi lemak.
It was a good meal. I like the potato in curry. The chicken is also flavorful with thick curry, almost like rendang style.
The bill came to RM15.30 after service charge....It somehow reminds me of Papparich nasi lemak which is around that price and quality. Too bad, Papparich has closed up lots of their outlets in Malaysia.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another visit, I ordered the rendang chicken, which doesn't have any potato....and there is no wanton....The plating was not as pretty as the first one, without a separate bowl & saucer for the chicken dish & sambal....shrinkflation!
Nevertheless it still tastes as good. I prefer the nyonya chicken coz i like potatoes.

7 comments:

Lotus said...

I will choose the curry chicken too than the rendang chicken as I super love curry. Very presentable meals. The Papparich outlet at Suntec in SG I think has closed too.

Lotus said...

Wantons in curry meal is unusual.

mun said...

Was that papa rich price? I thought papa rich price is a bit higher than this. I wonder if there are still any papa rich outlets in Klang valley.

mun said...

I have dined in at kawan place once. Somehow it is not on my list to return. Maybe the decor is a bit too heavy for me. Too closed up ambiance.

Nux V said...

Lotus: yea, wantons in nasi lemak is very unusual, lol!

Mun: it was years ago since i last dined in Papparich. Back then, it was around this price. Most likely the price has gone up over the years now. I just googled and found out that there's still Papparich in AEON Maluri.

mun said...

I sometimes go to Aeon maluri. Next time I go there I will look for papa rich. Last I ate in papa rich is in 2015.

PH said...

That looks good! From time to time, I will eat nasi lemak. The one I ate (during pandemic) from a nearby restaurant also had deep fried wanton.

18 Grams, Sri Petaling

This is a newly opened cafe in the neighborhood, I guessed it started sometime July. Previously it was a dessert shop selling tongsui. This ...