Monday, July 5, 2021

Miscellaneous

 Some random updates on the foods that i had recently:
The below Cantonese-style rice dumplings were given by annoyin' sis. She ordered it from her parents-in-law's neighbour in Bangsar (some sort of home business catered around their neighborhood only).
Just a typical chang but quite huge size (about 450g each) with the usual ingredients such as salted egg yolk, pork (no fats), beans and shitake mushroom. 
It could taste bland for some as it is not overly seasoned like those chang sold outside, and lean pork meat is used.
That's the only type of rice dumpling i had for this year Dragon Boat festival.
meanwhile, annoyin' sis also made Oreo Cheesecake for Father's Day...here are a few slices she packed for us....We didn't put it into the freezer, hence the soft texture.
I have also recently stocked up some biscuit and junks...to munch on while WFH...*apart from the huge pack of peanuts....
First time trying 'Twisties Spicy Seaweed flavor'.....just so-so only, very light spiciness and seaweed taste...
I prefer the more common flavors such as Cheese/Chicken/Curry.

6 comments:

mun said...

I bought this chia seed crackers after seeing it on your blog but I haven't eaten them yet. I would love the big fat Bak chang with lean meat cos I love not flavourful food. I wonder now does the lady still make it for sale. If yes, maybe can order from her and arrange for grab express to pick up. The Oreo cake looks like all cream only. Is the cake part hidden? Your company not arranging jabs for all of you? Many companies are arranging for their employees.

Nux V said...

Mun: yea, that is 'no bake Oreo cheesecake', the ingredients are Oreo vanilla cookies, cream cheese, and whipping cream (not really a 'cake'). The company has arranged via Selangkah, but i think the priority are given to the bigger companies. Have you got your appointment yet?

mun said...

Not yet. My friend's company just done theirs via selangkah so I believe your company will get your turn soon.

Twilight Man said...

Every year we would receive this huge rectangular Bak Chang from a relative. It is a Shanghai style and tradition to tie that way.

Tomorrow I will look for cheesecake to eat!!!! I want!

PH said...

No bak chang for me this year but the other day the seller accidentally sent a message to me and I ended up ordering some from her! LOL!

Stacy said...

Twisties BBQ/Curry flavour is the one which transports me back to my childhood. :)

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...