Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The yesteryears

This trophy has been kept for 3 decades now...
It is my first trophy, back in the year 1987....Yea, yours truly was an amateur singer and even nick-named as 'mini compo' during then. 
Note: 'Mini compo' is an audio device that was quite popular among the youngster in the 80's.
Not sure how I got that talent, but I learned all sorts of songs from the tv and started singing them without knowing what it means (regardless of what languages). That time, still kids mah...easily 'copying' whatever on the tv.
My sis is even better, she can remember and play out the entire dialog of the 'Sang Kancil & Kura-kura' cartoon. We were just too exposed to the tv back then!
My mum signed me up for this talentime contest without my knowledge. I was only told to sing when it's my turn to be on stage. Anyway, being bold, I just did as told...I wonder why I dun seem to hav stage-fright that time.
Ok, enuf of bragging...
Since u readers hardly see a picture of me...here's one for you....a big one!
 
nice eh? the blog title says 'yesteryear'...so a picture of my yesteryear lah!

8 comments:

PH said...

So cute! Well, you are blessed with a talent. Me, I cannot sing and cannot dance LOL!

Hayley said...

Wah, still keeping your trophy!! Nice la!
I remember I won some trophies too during schooling time, but I guess already recycled now, LOL!

Nux V said...

Phong Hong: but u can cook well ;-)

Hayley: lol, yea I have recycled most of them, but then my sis picked it back coz she thought this trophy would be memorable as it is my first.

Libby said...

Aiyo you look so cute

Libby said...

All my trophies throw le, I think got story telling trophy, got Badminton competition trophy, some running competition trophy I think, can't really remember hahaha

mun said...

Wah so much memories the trophy holds for you. Hehehe, you look so cute back then. Maybe still cute now but needs an updated photo of you leh.

Nux V said...

Libby: u should keep those memorable trophies...When u r older and u look back at those trophies, u will feel a sense of achievement since u r such a multi-talented person ;-)

Mun: thanks, but I ain't cute nowadays, lol!

Twilight Man said...

Hey, you were so bold, brave and very cute. You must be cuter today. Show your latest photo please... Show! Show! Show!...

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...