Friday, March 10, 2017

Newstart Charity Run @ PJ

This was a charity event co-organised by the Adventist Community Services, AENON and SRKK.
The run was held on 5 March @ Dataran PJ...
Since my company is paying for the registration fees, i just joined for fun & to get the freebies...
It started at 7am, but me and colleagues were already there by 6:30am...
the skies was still dark, i feel like wanting to crawl back to my bed
Over at the field, the place was 'flooded' by us 'pinkies'
 here's the starting point..directly facing Amcorp Mall....
 we run for 6km around the area...passing by some office buildings and hotels. Not much traffic in the early Sunday morning.
 the latest 'office tower' in PJ...the 'Pinnacle'
 i was so leisurely enjoying my run and still got time to snap picture here & there (like a tourist)....
nevertheless i still 'watched' my time and made it to the finishing point within the 'stipulated time'....for the sake of getting a medal....
okie....accomplished my 6km run!

6 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Where are your freebies?? Many times I felt like joining the runs to collect freebies only esp the branded singlets and stuffs from Nike or Addidas etc. We should exercise more as we age on.

mun said...

congrats to you for finishing within time and even have time to snap photos along the way. you must be good at running. your company is also very good to sponsor all of you. i think there is a typo. you mean 6.30 am instead of pm, right?

Somewhere in Singapore said...

If I were to go for it, I will be the last person to reach the finish line...

Nux V said...

Twilight Man: freebies are some normal items like cap, vouchers, healthy cookies etc, nothing great like Adidas or Nike...This is just some community run, not the bigger scale marathon ;-)

Mun: LOLOL....thx for spotting the error...I hav corrected it ;-) No, am never good in running...just average oni.

Somewhere in Singapore: I dun think so...they were many seniors and kids who leisurely walk. This is more of a 'fun' run not those competitive ones, so u wouldn't end up last.

CL (RealGunners) said...

I haven't joined this kind of activity for so long already. I think the last time was Penang Bridge fun run, 7 years ago. These days I go for walks mostly and sometimes basketball..

Nux V said...

RealGunners: at least u still play basketball...

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...