Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Santoor Restaurant, Dhaka, Bangladesh

During my working trip in Dhaka, our local partner treated us a meal @ a 5-star restaurant, named Santoor...
it was 10pm (local time) by then.
and it was still open.
so, u can imagine how late the bangladeshi had their dinner...
and if converted into 'my biological local time'...it is supposed to be the time for me to zZZZzzz and enjoy my dream.
but anyhow...i was indeed in a dreamy mode during then...too much of staying up late and lacking sleep for days 
 so...what's their specialty?
indeed i dunno...
mayb briyani rice...masala mutton, masala chicken, or masala whatever...
or perhaps garlic naan...anyway...i was just too tired to enjoy the meal...it all tastes the same to my taste bud...
My appetite came back after submitted my work...haha!
and during my trip home (still in the airport), i chanced upon a restaurant named "Spices"
well, that is probably the-one-and-only-restaurant @ Hazrat Shahjalal international airport
was already sick of those local dishes & spices (well, i mean their famous briyani and masala) i opted for something totally opposite in taste or "homely"...such as western or mayb oriental (or close to it)
so, here's one mushroom cream soup that i ordered, but it tastes...very weird and localized!
 and the fried rice...despite looking very "oriental" and hoping it to be someting of "oriental taste", but turned out that it was over-peppered with their spices...
well...thinking that "one could never go wrong with fried rice..."
but it proved me wrong this time :-(


No comments:

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...