Friday, July 12, 2024

Ren Ren Kuey Teow Kia @ Sri Petaling

This restaurant has closed down since months ago. It specializes in braised chicken/pork/innards and kuey teow. 
Sometime last year, I managed to try a few items in the menu...
During my first visit, I ordered a braised chicken drumstick.
The chicken was juicy and flavorful with gravy. I can detect five-spice-powder in the gravy.
Decided to go with yam rice...
There are a few chunks of yam in there...Quite nice!
Greedy me wanted to try out the braised tofu and beancurd sheets too, coz the price was reasonable😀
My kinda happy meal...extravagant with lotsa dishes!
All these for just RM26.10 nett...
I wonder why this place was so empty most of the time...The restaurant is strategically located at the corner lot next to the neighborhood busiest junction facing the row of banks...I guess their revenue unable to sustain the high rental cost, thus the business closed down in less than a year.
~~~~~~~~~~~
On my second visit, i toned-down my order...
I only ordered 3 items...
The braised beancurd sheets is a must!
Tried to be slightly adventurous - I had pig's ear
It was served in a thicker dark sauce...similar to those charsiew sauce.
This time, instead of yam rice, i had their signature kuey teow....
It was served in dark soup...the taste is quite similar to kuey chap.
Nevertheless it was a filling meal despite only 3 items.
The bill came to RM15.45 nett.

3 comments:

mun said...

I have been to their hq in F&N business park in Pudu to buy takeaway but have never eaten there.

mun said...

I always wanted to support them at the new Sri Petaling branch but see always no people so don't dare to go in. Maybe that's why business is not good so they have to moved on.

Lotus said...

I thought that was braised duck. Looks yummy!

Veggies World Cafe

During the pandemic lockdown, I used to order lui cha (thunder tea rice) from Simple Garden Cafe via Foodpanda. That's the only vegetari...