Monday, December 23, 2019

Sate Kajang Haji Rono

Many years ago, I used to go to the Medan Sate in Kajang town whenever my relatives from SG came back for a short trip. The family gathering would usually be at one of my aunt's house which was just nearby. Back then, Medan Sate was at its glorious days, it was super crowded and expected for long wait especially on a weekend evening.
Ventilation was bad and it was hot & stuffy dining there. I dislike that place so much coz my body would be full of smoky odor after dining there. I have totally forgot that place until recently my colleague brought me and the Swiss guy visitor to try out the satay.
It was a nostalgic visit, though that place no longer a popular choice compared to the good ol' days. It is nearly deserted with only 2 stalls left.
My colleague recommended the 'Haji Rono' stall which provides individual servings. I ordered 10 sticks of chicken satay + 1 beef + 1 lamb. The satays were all tender and juicy, much nicer than the famous Haji Samuri.
On another day, I had my 'prelude Thai lunch' at IOI City food court...coz I was craving for some green curry although I would be goin to BKK the day after. Anyway, our green curry is way different and incomparable to the real Thai version...so no comment about this one. Well, u can't expect much from a food court meal that costs only RM12!

2 comments:

mun said...

Is the ventilation still bad at Medan Sate?

Rose world said...

Been to and tried Kajang satay once when I studied in Nilai. Went by KTM that time.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...