Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Esquire Kitchen

We have been to the Esquire Kitchen several times but somehow yet to try out their signature dishes....
Hence this time I took lead to order all their signature dishes which includes the 'Tong Po' meat...aka pork stew....
so meaty....so 'heavenly'!
this zha jiang mian is in the 'recommended list', I ordered a bowl too...for sharing among us. Nothing fancy...jst noodles in fermented bean paste, which I could easily whip up at home.
and u can't complete the meal without having meat dumpling to go with the noodles...yes, it is 'jiaozi' (mandarin) aka 'wortip' (Cantonese) or simply known as potstickers (in western countries)...and in some parts of the world, it is known as gyoza, mandu, or momo...whatever name it is given...
as this restaurant specializes also in Szechuan cuisine, we ordered their Mapo tofu too...
the feasting began....
food was ok...but kinda surprised that their 'xiao long pao' is tad dry....(I did not take the picture coz was busy eating when it halfway arrived)
Anyway, the total damage is RM84.40 (inclusive of GST and service charge).

7 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Jiaozi is my all time favourite, hehe...

CL (RealGunners) said...

Did you not feel especially thirsty after the meal? Signature or what, I given up on this restaurant liao. Eating out is msg, but this one is the champion of all... >.<

Twilight Man said...

I used to frequent their many outlets as they have the small portions of variety that pleased both my late parents. Their prices have shot up few times and I find it expensive.

I wanna laugh at RG's fiery comments. Muahahahaha

Nux V said...

Somewhere in Singapore: me too!

RealGunners: I have tasted some that are worse...this is not the champion yet.

Twilight Man: yea prices have shot up...expect more to pay sooner when cooking oil & gas increased :-( LOL! RG comment memang like that one...

mun said...

Which branch did you go to? IOI city mall? I find the standard of their food has gone down since when I ate there as a little child.

Nux V said...

Mun: SP branch...yea, food quality has gone down...

Small Kucing said...

their food are nice . i like their Dong Po meat

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...