Friday, September 13, 2024

18 Grams, Sri Petaling

This is a newly opened cafe in the neighborhood, I guessed it started sometime July. Previously it was a dessert shop selling tongsui. This cafe is located a few doors away from the popular HoHo steamboat restaurant and opposite the new chapfan shop (Ho Chiak Mixed Rice). Despite that, it is still quiet (just like the previous tongsui shop), mostly because people don't notice it, as it is being overshadowed by the popular eateries nearby.
The menu board displayed outside the cafe. The font so small, the lazy me don't bother to read.
Then i saw this blackboard....aha....got 'free stuff' for main course order😁
The cheapo me clicks instantly....
I faster faster browsed thru the small fonts menu to see if any main course interests me...
OK, settled!
Went in for dinner.
The 'free soup with garlic French baguette' was served first....
OK, not bad....French baguette was crispy and the soup was served hot. Great combination.
Then the main course.....
Yes, pasta!
an ugly looking one....
hehe....usually the ugly looking food tastes good....
Indeed it was good....if you don't mind the basil herbs taste.
It has chunks of boneless chicken thigh meat...
The protein keeps me full....at least the pasta isn't entirely vegetarian.
I have had pesto pasta (many years ago) with stronger basil taste, so this one is consider mild, but i will definitely order this again as long as there is free soup😂
The bill came to RM15.40 which is reasonable.
This cafe also serves cakes and desserts such as tiramisu, cheesecakes and brownie, perhaps one day i should try them. Hopefully the business is able to sustain long enough until my next visit😅

3 comments:

mun said...

Thank you for the review. I am interested in the pesto chicken pasta as I like Basil taste. 11.30 am is quite late for my brunch but let me see if I can fit it in. Thanks again.

contact.ewew said...

A pasta with mushroom soup at only RM15 is great value for sure! ;) Ugly pasta...lol!

PH said...

The pasta is not ugly to me. It looks good with lots of basil!

Chee Seong Restaurant, Sri Petaling

Back to Chee Seong for dinner with family. We ordered: Steamed tilapia in assam sauce. Appetizing with spicy & sourish gravy. Salted egg...