Tuesday, May 7, 2024

BBQ Barn @ Rockley, Barbados

One of the weekend we have to support users and the session ended around 11:50am. I was already hungry by then coz i woke up early and didn't have proper breakfast.
Here's how it looks like when i worked in the apartment. It does have a proper dining chair and table but there is no plug nearby. The nearest plug is at the kitchen, so i gotta work at the kitchen counter top.
Anyway, after done with the session, I hurriedly get ready to catch the next shuttle van which will leave at 12:15pm.
This time, my colleague tagged along. We went for our lunch at BBQ Barn.
This place reminds me of the 80's/90's family-friendly-restaurant that my parent brought me to when i was a kid. Those wooden tables and chairs....
And this salad bar reminds me of Pizza Hut in the 90's. So nostalgic!
Ordered a marlin platter at the counter. Once food is ready, the order number will display on the queue number board. Show this slip to collect food at the counter. Fast-food restaurant concept.
[Below] The spacious dining area.
There goes my food....
A mint sweet was given with the meal set.
My colleague ordered a pork rib set with cheese sticks and mashed potatoes.
Tartar sauce and lime provided for the fish. Despite the fast-food concept, everything was cooked/prepared upon order hence these were served warm (except the coleslaw).
Overall a good meal. I wish to have such old-school family restaurant like this in my neighborhood and with a huge salad bar!😀

1 comment:

mun said...

Wah, food looks good. 👍😋 I would order fish too . What does marlin fish taste like? Nice?

Catedral Basilica Santa Maria La Antigua, Casco Viejo, Panama City

Construction for this church, also known as the 'Sacred Heart Cathedral', began in 1688. It is a Roman Catholic Church. The facade r...