Monday, October 21, 2024

Nasi Lemak D'Nats

Few years ago, a Malay neighbour invited my family (and all other neighbours) to his sister's nikah ceremony held in his house. There was buffet lunch served by D'Nats caterer. Food was good, just like those served in Raya open house.
This caterer has a roadside stall in the neighborhood. It is an established eatery that has been in operation since year 2000 and it occupies a long stretch of sidewalk, equivalent to the size of a shop. That stall can cater for at least 20 tables. It is a Malay Muslim eatery, although many locals including the non-Malays/Muslim dined there. This place operates from morning till night and offers lunch set which I have blogged previously.
This time, i went there during the evening to try out the nasi lemak. There are plenty of dishes to add-on to the nasi lemak. My default will always be fried chicken or beef rendang. I 'upgraded' my nasi lemak with fried egg and caramelized peanuts/anchorvies (the default is boiled egg and normal peanuts/anchorvies).
Overall, the nasi lemak itself tastes good. Sambal is not spicy but pungent. The rendang beef was abit tough, some are tender, but tastewise i would say it is on par with hotel standard. It reminds me of the rendang served at Prime Minister Hari Raya open house many years ago in PWTC (I think back then the caterer was Seri Pacific Hotel located next door PWTC).
Meanwhile, the fried chicken, is similar to McD spicy fried chicken...fast food restaurant standard😂
Pricewise is restaurant level, above RM10++ depends on what you pick. I will definitely be back again whenever i crave for a quality Malay nasi lemak.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10 sticks of chicken satay with peanut sauce, cucumbers and onions from Sunny Food Republic food court. The pineapple is from NSK. It paired well with the greasy satays.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bought chicken rice from Alison kopitiam again, RM8. Ginger sauce is provided and put together with the rice. Tastes OK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cakes from Berry's
Left: Three-layers (or maybe four layers) layered cake with cream and nuts topping (RM9.80)
Right: American chocolate cake (RM6.80)
Just some cheapo cake to satisfy my cakes craving, once in a while😂

4 comments:

Lotus said...

Good morning. I just had Chinese Nasi lemak yesterday (Sunday). It was good. The dishes of choice are luncheon meat, fried chicken wings/drumsticks, fish fillet, fish cakes, green long beans, brinjals, cabbages, fried (runny) egg, anchovies/peanuts, cucumbers etc etc. Yours look tasty with the sambal chili.

Lotus said...

You made me crave for satay. I love to eat the raw onions that come with satays. Yums! But not easy to find good satays as I can't find that in my neighbourhood and they only usually serve them in the night time. Have to go to Chomp Chomp at Serangoon or Newton Food Centre near Orchard Road.

PH said...

Pineapple goes very well with satay. You made me crave for nasi lemak!

mun said...

I like to eat pineapple and when eating pineapple regularly I don't get period pain. Thanks for this quick review of some eateries in Sri Petaling. Will be useful to me, thanks.

Nasi Lemak D'Nats

Few years ago, a Malay neighbour invited my family (and all other neighbours) to his sister's nikah ceremony held in his house. There wa...