Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Foloso 'Lui Cha' and Pakkopi Kaw Kaw 'Nasi Lemak'

Foloso
Tried the thunder tea rice in Foloso vegetarian restaurant. It was served on a tray with fancy bowls and saucers.
Instead of peanuts, they provided cashew nuts. Other ingredients are tempeh, diced fried tofu, beans, chai poh and mustard greens. The soup (lui cha) was served piping hot, thick and strong of basil taste which I like👍
The interior of the restaurant. It is located nearby the entrance of the Pinnacle mall.
A good meal if you want to detox with some greens.
Total price for this is RM19.90
~~~~~~~~~~
Pakkopi Kaw Kaw
My last time having a meal at Pakkopi Kaw Kaw was last year...I usually ordered their curry mee which has charsiew pork and thick curry. I remembered the price during then was slightly below RM13 after service charges and tax.
Recently I went there again and noticed that their menu has changed with drastic increase in price. A bowl of (small) curry mee costs RM15.50 now...and that is yet to include the service charges and tax.
Other items in the menu also have the prices revised. Inflation hit hard!
This is my order. Instead of having curry mee, i had nasi lemak with fried chicken leg. There is a piece of curry potato given with the curry gravy. Tastes so-so, nothing to shout about. 
The bill came to around RM19+ after tax/service charges.

2 comments:

mun said...

Ah, the lui Cha sounds delicious! 😋 I like the taste you described.

Lotus said...

The colour of the lui cha looks so beautiful but I don't think I will like it heehee, it's an acquired taste. I would go for the curry nasi lemak instead. Yums!

MEMD @ Sri Petaling

Passing by this eatery and saw a signboard of set lunch at RM15 nett. Looks quite value-for-money, so I went in impromptu-ly. I ordered a na...