Thursday, February 4, 2016

CNY Decor in Mid Valley & The Gardens Mall

CNY is jst around the corner and malls are super-crowded with shoppers doing last minute shopping these days...
well that doesn't bother me as yours truly hav done the shopping weeks before...Back then, the decors were already up and beautifully decorating every corners of the mall. I guess many have posted them over in blogs and various online media, but i'm posting here again for 'record purpose' as well as to 'decorate' my plain looking blog with some 'festivity red'.
I kinda like The Gardens mall theme...sort of classic with creative arrangement of chinaware, silk and blossoming flowers
the décor looks like a gigantic 3-dimension CNY greetings card...
very oriental, classic and elegant
good job!
great to see such improvement (compared to last years' décor)
meanwhile in MidValley mall, the theme is kinda confusing...it's Monkey year, but they display goldfish (and underwater theme)...
where are the monkeys??? not a single one in sight
Instead I see this kissing fish!

4 comments:

Huai Bin said...

Haha! Yeah, not sure what the kissing fish was all about. Maybe it's coz of the word "fish" which means something auspicious in Chinese. I like the monkey decorations, goldfish has a nice connotation "kam hu" but since it's the monkey year, monkeys would be nice.

Happy CNY to you and your loved ones! :)

Hayley said...

Thanks for sharing! Very nice photos!

Wishing you and family a happy lunar new year!

mun said...

Argh, I miss the kissing fish. I like how you see the Gardens décor as a 3-D greeting card. When I look at them again, I find your description to be so apt.

Nux V said...

Huai Bin: Happy CNY to u too!

Hayley: Gong Xi Fa Cai to u and family ;-)

Mun: when I first see those decors...some really resembles those CNY greeting cards..perhaps I hav been missing those cards coz I seldom get one these days..

The Loaf, Nu Sentral

[ Throwback ] This was my lunch sometime ago in early December when the team had meeting with our boss in Nu Sentral. I ordered the chicken ...