Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I could be in London, Hanoi or Singapore now

It is the peak season for the team to travel again...I mean, by rite, I should hav now be in London for a meeting with partners over a tender i m working on. But too bad, my boss took over the role and he is now over there meanwhile i m still here in the office supporting him locally:-(  doubly upset...
Since young, i wish to visit at least  an EU country, what more London...with Big Ben, Double Decker, posh taxi...and now is their spring time!
Anyhow, i knw my weakness in dealing with difficult partners tht needs strong negotiation skills, which i m lacking-off..So, mayb next time?
And how about Hanoi?
Been there about 5 months ago, so i dun actually look forward in goin there again. My e-travel application has been approved, but then the sales guy who was so eagerly to have me accompanied him for the meeting been pulling me out last minute. OK, fine!
And supposedly i should fly direct from Hanoi to Singapore to join a 3-day conference cum exhibition...But luck is not on my side, my superior only allow one member in the team to attend and the chance hav been given to a junior colleague! What a way to cut cost! Since joining this company years back, I hav never even been to a seminar once, but this newly joined teammate is so darn lucky!
I could have stand at least a chance of going for a biz trip, but my 3 chances jst slipped by (due to various circumstances).
Such an unlucky of me!
Anyhow, i could only wish (and pray hard) for a better luck next time. Rite now, I could only ask for:
  1. Getting 5% increement this year ;-)
  2. Being sent out for more biz trip so that I could encounter and polish my biz talk and negotiation skills.
Perhaps another promotion (dream-on!) but as I know it, I m yet to reach to that level where i could be a manager yet. Despite that, I kinda feel some accolades and respect from subordinates and others.
And I was quite delighted to hear someone who thought that i m of managerial ranking (who carries green ID in the office)! I dun mind being teased of being a 'blue ID' staff with 'green ID' salary...I would take it as a praise rather than tease (of being overpaid).
Technically, i might be 'there', but one thing lacking of me is confidence and some public speaking...Yea, that is my greatest fear! I just hope that my words dun get tremble whenever i speak to big shots, coz it happens often :-(
As of now my boss is in London, i m the next person in line to look after the team. And i m enjoyin' taking his role of becoming a temporary team leader coz it gives me a chance in testing my leadership skill.
On another hand, it has been quite some time since i last had my holidays, i mean leisure outing/shopping...I truly, madly, deeply wanting to escape from my current place...How great if i could follow my teammate who is now enjoying his trip down SG! I miss that vibrant city...Or perhaps goin down to bump into 'him'? Yea, that 'him' is my dream guy who is now a manager in Singtel...what the heck wrong with my wild wish...wuahahahaha!
till then, adios!

No comments:

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...